- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
No Stock Issue - Deleted Orders
14 years 8 months ago #35450
by BaptisteG
No Stock Issue - Deleted Orders was created by BaptisteG
Hi everyone.
I'm actually trying to set up the Hikashop component for an Art Gallery website. The component is fine and seems to be working, but I have encountered a few issues. The most important of them is how to get the items to refill their stock when an order is deleted. As I said, it's an art gallery website, so we sell unique products. When I delete an order of an item from the back end of joomla, I have to manually reload the available stock from 0 to 1 for the item to be available for sale. How can I fix this, so that, when an order is deleted the available stock comes back to 1 automatically ? I've already tried to play with the "cart retaining" function, but it does not solve anything.
The second issue comes hand to hand with the first one : How do configure the component so that the available stock decrease (from one to zero) only when the command has been PAID and not simply ordered. I don't want a piece of art to be unavailable because one customer wanted to buy it and finally changed his mind before the payment. How can I check within the component that the payment has effectively been made ? I cannot spend my time going back and forth between sites and email address, to check if orders have been completed. If I could solve those two problems I would have the perfect component
Thanks,
I'm actually trying to set up the Hikashop component for an Art Gallery website. The component is fine and seems to be working, but I have encountered a few issues. The most important of them is how to get the items to refill their stock when an order is deleted. As I said, it's an art gallery website, so we sell unique products. When I delete an order of an item from the back end of joomla, I have to manually reload the available stock from 0 to 1 for the item to be available for sale. How can I fix this, so that, when an order is deleted the available stock comes back to 1 automatically ? I've already tried to play with the "cart retaining" function, but it does not solve anything.
The second issue comes hand to hand with the first one : How do configure the component so that the available stock decrease (from one to zero) only when the command has been PAID and not simply ordered. I don't want a piece of art to be unavailable because one customer wanted to buy it and finally changed his mind before the payment. How can I check within the component that the payment has effectively been made ? I cannot spend my time going back and forth between sites and email address, to check if orders have been completed. If I could solve those two problems I would have the perfect component
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35468
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Stock Issue - Deleted Orders
Hi,
You should not delete the orders but change their status to cancelled. Then, the products quantities will be refilled.
You should use the auto cancel orders plugin available in the commercial editions of HikaShop (you will need to configure your cron task for that). The plugin will check periodically for created orders which haven't been paid for a certain period and will automatically cancel them to reclaim the stocks.
That way, you still avoid the case where two persons pay for the same item while avoiding the back and forth manual checks of the orders.
You should not delete the orders but change their status to cancelled. Then, the products quantities will be refilled.
You should use the auto cancel orders plugin available in the commercial editions of HikaShop (you will need to configure your cron task for that). The plugin will check periodically for created orders which haven't been paid for a certain period and will automatically cancel them to reclaim the stocks.
That way, you still avoid the case where two persons pay for the same item while avoiding the back and forth manual checks of the orders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds