- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
Nested subcategories in Content Module
- many-feathers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 8 months ago #35611
by many-feathers
Nested subcategories in Content Module was created by many-feathers
Hi,
I've been looking at the examples on the demo-site and tried various settings, but I can't seem to figure out how to show nested subcategories in a Content Module. I cannot get anything beyond the first subcategory-level to show up in the module. Is that actually possible? Or could this be a template-issue?
I'm using Hikashop 1.5.5 on Joomla 1.7.3
Thanks for any insights!
I've been looking at the examples on the demo-site and tried various settings, but I can't seem to figure out how to show nested subcategories in a Content Module. I cannot get anything beyond the first subcategory-level to show up in the module. Is that actually possible? Or could this be a template-issue?
I'm using Hikashop 1.5.5 on Joomla 1.7.3
Thanks for any insights!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35647
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
Hi,
Yes it's possible
In the hikashop options of your module (you can access that page via the menu Display->Content modules), you should make sure that your layout is "list" and that your "Show sub categories" option is set to "All direct sub categories".
Yes it's possible
In the hikashop options of your module (you can access that page via the menu Display->Content modules), you should make sure that your layout is "list" and that your "Show sub categories" option is set to "All direct sub categories".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- many-feathers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 8 months ago #35654
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
I actually tried that but it doesn't get me where I want.
What I'm trying to accomplish is that the content module 'opens' the subcategory I'm clicking on to show me the 'sub-sub-categories'...
Right now I can see all Main-categories and their respective subcategories, but when I click on one of those subcategories to open it, the content module does not show the available subcategories inside it. So, I want to get to the third level...
What I'm trying to accomplish is that the content module 'opens' the subcategory I'm clicking on to show me the 'sub-sub-categories'...
Right now I can see all Main-categories and their respective subcategories, but when I click on one of those subcategories to open it, the content module does not show the available subcategories inside it. So, I want to get to the third level...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35699
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
Ah yes, there is no third level support in that module. Only two levels are supported.
For that, you would have to create one menu item of the type hikashop category listing per category and use a joomla menu accordion module to display the menu items.
For that, you would have to create one menu item of the type hikashop category listing per category and use a joomla menu accordion module to display the menu items.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- many-feathers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 8 months ago #35783
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
Ehm... OK... I can do that...
It's going to be a LOT of work though. Right now we use 55 categories (and counting) for which I'd have to create menu-items plus configuring Hikashop menus... Not to mention what it will take to reflect changes made in the category structure or adding new ones.
I guess it would make a lot of people very happy if this ended up on Hika's ToDo list...
It would make a great addition to Hikashop Essential and Business (at least).
Anyway, thanks for the answer!
It's going to be a LOT of work though. Right now we use 55 categories (and counting) for which I'd have to create menu-items plus configuring Hikashop menus... Not to mention what it will take to reflect changes made in the category structure or adding new ones.
I guess it would make a lot of people very happy if this ended up on Hika's ToDo list...
Anyway, thanks for the answer!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35789
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
It's already in the todo list, like a lot of other things 
We'll get to it.
We'll get to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- many-feathers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 8 months ago #35796
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: Nested subcategories in Content Module
Wish I could help... 
Keep up the good work!
(hitting the 15k soon, eh...
)
Keep up the good work!
(hitting the 15k soon, eh...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds