- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
15 years 9 months ago #3562
by mino_gb
Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage was created by mino_gb
I tried to follow the tutorial which enable to add a module displaying a listing of categories on the frontpage (
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
). I created module in Hikashop with Type = Category, Layout = List, and choose a position (like user1), but it did not show the list of categories on the frontpage.
If I created a menu link to categories listing and I clicked the link, it showed correct.
If I created a menu link to categories listing and I clicked the link, it showed correct.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3564
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Please make sure that the module synchronization option is turned off and that you set the parent category to your main product category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3626
by mino_gb
Replied by mino_gb on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Yes, I turned the Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible option to No.
And set Parent Category to my main product category. But it was the same.
The joomla version I used is 1.5.20. The position I set is user1, with default template.
And set Parent Category to my main product category. But it was the same.
The joomla version I used is 1.5.20. The position I set is user1, with default template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3628
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Could you post a screenshot of the Hikashop options and one of the joomla options of your module ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #3630
by mino_gb
Replied by mino_gb on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by mino_gb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3632
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Could it be that you don't see the module because it can only be seen on the "Categories" menu ? Maybe you could try to set the 'menu selection' option to all temporarily and see if you get something on the front end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3637
by mino_gb
Replied by mino_gb on topic Re: Fail to show Categories with a module on frontpage
Thank you very much. It works now
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds