- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
uploading files problem
14 years 8 months ago #35822
by rsoroa
uploading files problem was created by rsoroa
I am having a problem uploading files for downloads since one has 27MB size. I can of course ftp it to the right folder, but how can I know the system will recognize the file is really there, since I could not upload file via products admin page and so the DB has no reference/link for the file.
thanks for help.
raul
thanks for help.
raul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35827
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: uploading files problem
Just upload a small file with the same name in your product. Then, overwrite it via FTP with your big file (in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe by default).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35828
by rsoroa
Replied by rsoroa on topic Re: uploading files problem
nice trick!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36655
by obsolum
Replied by obsolum on topic Re: uploading files problem
Hi,
Is there a way to just increase the filesize limit for uploaded files? I'm trying to upload a PDF userguide for a product that's slightly less than ~3MB and it won't go through.
I haven't tried this workaround yet but surely there is a filesize limit specified somewhere?
Is there a way to just increase the filesize limit for uploaded files? I'm trying to upload a PDF userguide for a product that's slightly less than ~3MB and it won't go through.
I haven't tried this workaround yet but surely there is a filesize limit specified somewhere?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36715
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: uploading files problem
Hi,
There is indeed a filesize limit specified somewhere.
It's usually something configured by your hosting company.
That can be changed by changing the value of the option upload_max_filesize of the php.ini file of your hosting.
If you don't know how to modify your php.ini, you should seek advice to your hosting company.
There is indeed a filesize limit specified somewhere.
It's usually something configured by your hosting company.
That can be changed by changing the value of the option upload_max_filesize of the php.ini file of your hosting.
If you don't know how to modify your php.ini, you should seek advice to your hosting company.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36761
by obsolum
Replied by obsolum on topic Re: uploading files problem
Okay, changed now, thanks. I thought maybe it was an option in HikaShop itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds