Skip to main content

Pictures?

More
14 years 8 months ago #35982 by Gunner Joe
Pictures? was created by Gunner Joe
Ok on to question two haha.
I have a image in the cvs import data and it does not want to show up as the image. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to upload the photo to my images first? Any help would be awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #35983 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
You need to upload your images in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload
Then, you can just specify the name of the file in the images column of your CSV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36012 by Gunner Joe
Replied by Gunner Joe on topic Re: Pictures?
thank you so much for your help. If the folder you indicated is not already made do I make the folder? I am assuming that the folder you mentioned should be where the media file is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36049 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
You can create the folder yes.
Make sure that HikaShop can read and write files in that folder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36065 by Gunner Joe
Replied by Gunner Joe on topic Re: Pictures?
awesome. One last one how do I allow hikashop to write in it? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36067 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
Make sure that its permissions are 777. But if you don't have any problems with the generation of thumbnails then it means that the folder is already writable. So you should first try if it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36069 by Gunner Joe
Replied by Gunner Joe on topic Re: Pictures?
where would I find the permissions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36070 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36072 by Gunner Joe
Replied by Gunner Joe on topic Re: Pictures?
How can I find the media file for the hikashop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36073 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
I don't understand your question.
There is no media file for HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36074 by Gunner Joe
Replied by Gunner Joe on topic Re: Pictures?
Sorry when you state put the images in media/com_hikashop/upload. Is this an actual folder in Hikashop or in Joomla or is it somewhere else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36075 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
It's a folder of your website. You need to access it via FTP, not in your back end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IamJim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #45593 by IamJim
Replied by IamJim on topic Re: Pictures?
1) I just created my /upload folder have set permissions to 777

2) Can I have sub-folders here also? Or do I need to put them all in this one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #45814 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pictures?
If you use the import from CSV to add your images, you can put the images into subfolders. However, the upload interface on the product edition page does not handle that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum