- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Hika Business Edition.
- Gunner Joe
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 8 months ago #36658
by Gunner Joe
Hika Business Edition. was created by Gunner Joe
I would like to upgrade to the best version but I am worried
1) will all my settings, categories, items and prices be earsed?
2) Will the Hika logo on the bottom of my site for HikaShop disappear?
1) will all my settings, categories, items and prices be earsed?
2) Will the Hika logo on the bottom of my site for HikaShop disappear?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36661
by obsolum
Replied by obsolum on topic Re: Hika Business Edition.
I can answer this for you, because I just upgraded to the Business version myself this week.
All of your settings will remain the same after upgrading. All of them. At first you won't even notice anything is different until you look for the extra options
Upgrading couldn't be simpler. You simply install your newly downloaded Business version through the default Joomla Install Extensions interface and you're done. No need to uninstall or change anything.
Really, don't worry
All of your settings will remain the same after upgrading. All of them. At first you won't even notice anything is different until you look for the extra options
Upgrading couldn't be simpler. You simply install your newly downloaded Business version through the default Joomla Install Extensions interface and you're done. No need to uninstall or change anything.
Really, don't worry
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by obsolum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36666
by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: Hika Business Edition.
While obsolum is correct, it really is that easy to upgrade to one of the commercial versions, one thing I always do, when upgrading Hikashop is delete any custom view files and add my changes back into the views installed with the new version. If you don't do that, there may be updates to the view that are part of the new Hikashop version that do not get applied to your site.
Just this morning I updated a version 1.4.8 Business version directly to version 1.5.5 Business with no problems.
Hikashop has got to be one of, if not the best, ecommerce component for Joomla and certainly the best supported component I've ever worked with. Keep up the great work!
Ed
Just this morning I updated a version 1.4.8 Business version directly to version 1.5.5 Business with no problems.
Hikashop has got to be one of, if not the best, ecommerce component for Joomla and certainly the best supported component I've ever worked with. Keep up the great work!
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36718
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Hika Business Edition.
Thank you every one. A new version should be expected tomorrow with the support of Joomla 2.5 and many other cool things 
For the footer logo, you will be able to turn it off with the "show footer" option of the Display tab of the configuration.
For the footer logo, you will be able to turn it off with the "show footer" option of the Display tab of the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds