- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
- derekkoopowitz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 8 months ago #38028
by derekkoopowitz
Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided was created by derekkoopowitz
I can't for the life of me find out how to prevent Hikashop from going to Paypal if a shipping address isn't supplied. In the attached screenshot the billing and shipping addresses are blank and if I click the "Next" button it will take me to Paypal and allow me to make payment. It should force me to enter a shipping address before continuing...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #38121
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
I can see that a shipping address has been entered for your user on your screenshot.
It's just that no data was entered, but an address entry was created in the database.
It must come from the modifications you made in the custom address fields via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Could you do a screenshot of them so that we can see what you did ?
It's just that no data was entered, but an address entry was created in the database.
It must come from the modifications you made in the custom address fields via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Could you do a screenshot of them so that we can see what you did ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- derekkoopowitz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #38149
by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #38233
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
Your custom fields are fine.
How did you enter your address ? If you use a new account on your checkout, do you have the problem ?
Could you give a link to your checkout ?
How did you enter your address ? If you use a new account on your checkout, do you have the problem ?
Could you give a link to your checkout ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- derekkoopowitz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #38263
by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
Nicolas,
I created a new account and there wasn't an issue - it prevented the user from continuing if a billing/shipping address wasn't specified. See the attached screenshots...
So it seems that it is with existing accounts that are having this problem. I had created a test account a long time ago called JoeBlow... see the attached screenshots showing the address entered using Community Builder (we've used CB since the beginning) when displaying the user record. I've also captured the chopping cart showing the error.
I created a new account and there wasn't an issue - it prevented the user from continuing if a billing/shipping address wasn't specified. See the attached screenshots...
So it seems that it is with existing accounts that are having this problem. I had created a test account a long time ago called JoeBlow... see the attached screenshots showing the address entered using Community Builder (we've used CB since the beginning) when displaying the user record. I've also captured the chopping cart showing the error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
The simplest, since you don't have any customers yet is to just empty the table jos_hikashop_address via phpmyadmin.
That will clear all the empty addresses in the database and you should not have the problem anymore with previously existing accounts.
That will clear all the empty addresses in the database and you should not have the problem anymore with previously existing accounts.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- derekkoopowitz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #38346
by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
That did the trick, Nicolas. I suspect it was a carry-over from when I converted over from VirtueMart... I probably should've started off from scratch instead of converting.
Thanks!
p.s. How do I mark this as solved?
Thanks!
p.s. How do I mark this as solved?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38347
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prevent payment if shipping address isn't provided
You don't need to
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds