- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping options and worflow
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38468
by paced
Shipping options and worflow was created by paced
I have a simple setup for this trial store, but have someproblems with shipping and workflow.
There is only one Zone.
The shipping rules are simple:
The workflow is:
login,address,shipping_cart, terms_fields_status, payment_confirm, end
I need to keep shipping with the cart, although I prefer to also show a summary of what was selected prior to payment being made. But this can create a problem.
I have several functional issues:
1. For some reason, the only two shipping rules to appear are the Collect from depot and the $7 one, regardless of whether the cart value is over or under $100. Shipping rules are below:
what I need to see happen, is when the cart total is under $100 it displays two options, chargeable shipping, and 'Collect from depot'. If over $100, Free delivery and 'Collect from depot'
2. If 'collect from depot' is selected, the status shows that free shipping is selected. i.e. It does not reflect the name of the selection. i.e. "collect from depot" in the final page or order submitted, so the seller will not be clear what was selected. In fact they may ship for free if they do not realise.
3. If I also add the cart to the payment page or immediately prior to the payment page there is no way of preventing it from being edited at that stage in the checkout flow. It would be better if it could be a full summary with no editing (i.e. go back in flow to make any cart changes). If I add the cart at this stage and quantities are updated, the shipping charge and line simply disappears, alowing theorder to be made without shipping cost.
4. I have a module on the right showing the cart contents. this shows tax inclusive (which is fine)total. But it does not show 'total cost (i.e.including shipping as well). Maybe I should not use it in that way, but it is a handy summary to have on each page.
Hope I've explained this sufficiently well.
There is only one Zone.
The shipping rules are simple:
- Purchases which total under $100 are charged a flat delivery rate of $7
- Purchases over $100 are delivered free
- A third shipping option is 'Collect from store', which is also free.
The workflow is:
login,address,shipping_cart, terms_fields_status, payment_confirm, end
I need to keep shipping with the cart, although I prefer to also show a summary of what was selected prior to payment being made. But this can create a problem.
I have several functional issues:
1. For some reason, the only two shipping rules to appear are the Collect from depot and the $7 one, regardless of whether the cart value is over or under $100. Shipping rules are below:
what I need to see happen, is when the cart total is under $100 it displays two options, chargeable shipping, and 'Collect from depot'. If over $100, Free delivery and 'Collect from depot'
2. If 'collect from depot' is selected, the status shows that free shipping is selected. i.e. It does not reflect the name of the selection. i.e. "collect from depot" in the final page or order submitted, so the seller will not be clear what was selected. In fact they may ship for free if they do not realise.
3. If I also add the cart to the payment page or immediately prior to the payment page there is no way of preventing it from being edited at that stage in the checkout flow. It would be better if it could be a full summary with no editing (i.e. go back in flow to make any cart changes). If I add the cart at this stage and quantities are updated, the shipping charge and line simply disappears, alowing theorder to be made without shipping cost.
4. I have a module on the right showing the cart contents. this shows tax inclusive (which is fine)total. But it does not show 'total cost (i.e.including shipping as well). Maybe I should not use it in that way, but it is a handy summary to have on each page.
Hope I've explained this sufficiently well.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by paced. Reason: Modified/added to point 3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38570
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
Hi,
Regarding your screen shot, prices are in euros and not in dollars.
Maybe it's the source of your problem.
If not, could you give us a link of your store ?
Regards,
Regarding your screen shot, prices are in euros and not in dollars.
Maybe it's the source of your problem.
If not, could you give us a link of your store ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38585
by paced
Replied by paced on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
Er! No, I just used $dollars in the topic to illustrate the overall setup. My live set up is in euros.
gozoexpress.com/dev/products/store.html - Go ahead and register as this site is not live yet.
gozoexpress.com/dev/products/store.html - Go ahead and register as this site is not live yet.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by paced. Reason: added link
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38592
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
I have made some tests in my local shop and it works.
Is it possible to have an access to your backend (you can send it by Private Message) ?
Do you have the latest version of HikaShop (1.5.6) ?
Regards,
Is it possible to have an access to your backend (you can send it by Private Message) ?
Do you have the latest version of HikaShop (1.5.6) ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38598
by paced
Replied by paced on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
I was on 1.5.5., but I just upgraded. Your user is now an administrator. Problems seems to persist. e.g. If you update quantities in checkout and refresh. Thanks, D
p.s let me know if you need superadmin as well.
p.s let me know if you need superadmin as well.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by paced. Reason: added
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38604
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
Thanks,
Your problem is now solved.
The option "Include virtual products price" was set to "no" so the global price wasn't taken.
There is a little bug on this option because the option is read on the last shipping method, but it will be fixed for the next release.
For the moment I have set this option to "yes" on all of your shipping methods and it works fine !
Regards,
Your problem is now solved.
The option "Include virtual products price" was set to "no" so the global price wasn't taken.
There is a little bug on this option because the option is read on the last shipping method, but it will be fixed for the next release.
For the moment I have set this option to "yes" on all of your shipping methods and it works fine !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paced
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38606
by paced
Replied by paced on topic Re: Shipping options and worflow
You're a star. Thanks. Tested and it looks good.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds