VIrtuemart import issues
I have several orders with status pending. These did not migrate in. How can I capture this data?
I have some products with Virtuemart item attributes. These did not migrate in. (These are attributes that create a different price and different sku depending on selection.) How can I add this?
I have some products with Virtuemart item attributes. These did not migrate in. (These are attributes that create a different price but same sku depending on selection.) How can I add this?
All products have both a Virtuemart short and long description. These migrated into the Hikashop description area together. Most often, these are duplicate descriptions. What is the best way to clean this up?
Thanks for your help,
Helen
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So here I go again:
We don't have any problem with the pending orders. Although, I suppose that it comes from the fact that the pending status is not a default status in HikaShop. You should look in the menu System->Order statuses to see if the pending status was created by the import. If not, create it manually via the interface and then, via phpmyadmin, set the value P in the column category_keywords of the table hiakshop_category for your pending status entry. Then, try to run the import again.
Item attributes cannot be migrated by the import as both systems are completely different. I don't have a solution for that. You will have to add your attributes manually as characteristics/options in your products in HikaShop.
For the description, you can fix that by running that query via your phpmyadmin:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Seems I never got the email that you responded... technology :silly:
If I run the import again to capture the pending, will it import EVERYTHING again?
Yes, I figured out the attributes. Seems that they came in as variants but without a Characteristic parent so they were more for reference as I rebuilt them. I only had a few products like that, thank GOD!
For the description fix, please tell me what this will do before I do it.
Thanks,
Helen
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ran the description sql fix. Worked great!
Still need to know if the second running of the import will screw up what has already been imported and edited.
Thanks,
Helen
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you import again, it will try to import everything again yes. I don't know what you changed so I can't say if that's going to be bad or not.
In that case, the best would be to do a back up of your website with akeeba backup. Restore it on your local web server and do the import there. If everything is still working, then you can do the import on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Make another copy of my site.
Import again.
Verify that I have those pending orders.
Grab JUST these new sql tables that contain that info and restore on my much edited Hikashop site.
I would need to know which tables carry this info. I am thinking jos_hikashop_order and jos_hikashop_order_product.
Just let me know.
Thanks.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Before you do again the import, you will have to open the entry vm_import_last_vm_order of the table jos_hikashop_config in order to change it to 0. Otherwise, the orders won't be imported.
Also, when you do the import, please activate the debug mode in the configuration of joomla. That way, if you get a mysql error, it won't be just ignored and you will see why the import doesn't work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I made a copy of my site and a new database. Set the value P in the column category_keywords of the table hiakshop_category for the pending status entry (Note: both created and pending have the value P now.). Set the entry vm_import_last_vm_order of the table jos_hikashop_config to 0 and deleted all from jos_hikashop_order and jos_hikashop_order_product. Set Joomla config to debug. Ran import again. No errors in degug that I saw.
It only inported the orders/sales so that was nice, but it still did not import the pending orders.
I must have forgotten to do something. :huh:
Helen
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
created orders are orders which were not paid by the customer. So basically, you don't need them, no ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That should be easy to do with a query.
update jos_vm_orders set order_status='C' WHERE order_status ='P';
to change the orders from pending to confirmed in VM.
update jos_hikashop_order set order_status='created' WHERE order_status='confirmed';
to change the orders from confirmed to created in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have also just noticed that it only pulls 1/2 of the cancelled, 1/3 of the refunded, and 2/3 of the shipped. [strike]I checked the dates and this doesn't seem to matter either.[/strike]
Perplexing. :blink:
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you update VM at that time ? Maybe something changed in VM and the orders data is not the same before and after.
Could you provide a SQL export of two orders information from the jos_vm_orders table via phpmyadmin, one order from before, one from after (check that only the one before was exported) ?
That way, we would be able to check the differences.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.