- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Grid Display Problems!
14 years 7 months ago #38698
by Herm1one
Grid Display Problems! was created by Herm1one
I know this same issue has already been posted by a gentleman from the UK, who was told to reinstall Hikashop version 1.5.6 which would solve his problem of his products being listed as a single product per line.
I am using Joomla! 2.5 :S and Hikashop 1.5.6. All was well, but then suddenly BAM...my grid view disappeared and I've been left with this awful product per line view, it looks hideous.
So, I reinstalled Hikashop 1.5.6, but it made no difference. Driving me nuts!
Anyone had the same issue and knows how to resolve it...????
I am using Joomla! 2.5 :S and Hikashop 1.5.6. All was well, but then suddenly BAM...my grid view disappeared and I've been left with this awful product per line view, it looks hideous.
So, I reinstalled Hikashop 1.5.6, but it made no difference. Driving me nuts!
Anyone had the same issue and knows how to resolve it...????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38834
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
You not just to install hikashop again but you need to redownload the package from our website and use that new package for the install. Because if you use the same package you already used before, you won't get the modifications we added to it to fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38851
by Herm1one
Replied by Herm1one on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your reply.
I actually did re-download and reinstall Hikashop from your website, and I have just re-downloaded and reinstalled a second time, but the same problem persists.
Am I supposed to uninstall/delete Hikashop from my Joomla 2.5 site first? If so, I have 200 products already listed, I do NOT want to lose that data!
Please advise further.
Regards
Hermione
Thanks for your reply.
I actually did re-download and reinstall Hikashop from your website, and I have just re-downloaded and reinstalled a second time, but the same problem persists.
Am I supposed to uninstall/delete Hikashop from my Joomla 2.5 site first? If so, I have 200 products already listed, I do NOT want to lose that data!
Please advise further.
Regards
Hermione
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38969
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
No you don't have to uninstall.
Then go in the menu display->Views, edit the file "listing_div" of the view product for your front end template and change the line:
if(empty($columns) || $columns>1) $columns = 1;
to:
if(empty($columns) || $columns<1) $columns = 1;
That should solve the problem.
Then go in the menu display->Views, edit the file "listing_div" of the view product for your front end template and change the line:
if(empty($columns) || $columns>1) $columns = 1;
to:
if(empty($columns) || $columns<1) $columns = 1;
That should solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38976
by Herm1one
Replied by Herm1one on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
Hi again!
Please see below:
</form>
<?php } ?>
<div class="hikashop_subcategories">
<?php
if($enableCarousel){
$this->setLayout('carousel');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
else{
$columns = (int)$this->params->get('columns');
if(empty($columns) || $columns
$width = (int)(100/$columns)-1;
$current_column = 1;
$only_if_products = $this->params->get('only_if_products',0);
I've done that! And STILL my grid view is one ugly product per line...
What else can I try at this stage? Why is it working for other people and not for me???
Please see below:
</form>
<?php } ?>
<div class="hikashop_subcategories">
<?php
if($enableCarousel){
$this->setLayout('carousel');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
else{
$columns = (int)$this->params->get('columns');
if(empty($columns) || $columns
$width = (int)(100/$columns)-1;
$current_column = 1;
$only_if_products = $this->params->get('only_if_products',0);
I've done that! And STILL my grid view is one ugly product per line...
What else can I try at this stage? Why is it working for other people and not for me???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39076
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
The code you wrote:
if(empty($columns) || $columns
is not valid.
I said to have that instead:
if(empty($columns) || $columns<1) $columns = 1;
Also, please make sure that you're editing the view file for the correct front end template and not another template, otherwise you won't see any change.
if(empty($columns) || $columns
is not valid.
I said to have that instead:
if(empty($columns) || $columns<1) $columns = 1;
Also, please make sure that you're editing the view file for the correct front end template and not another template, otherwise you won't see any change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39181
by Herm1one
Replied by Herm1one on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
I have ensured the code is correct, as per your instructions. And yes, I have ensured that I have made the changes in the correct template but it is STILL not working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39269
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
Then please provide a back end access to your website and we'll look at that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #39560
by Herm1one
Replied by Herm1one on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
Did you receive my private message regarding my log in details? I sent it two days ago...
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39704
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Grid Display Problems!
Hi,
I just saw it.
You actually don't have a problem with that bug.
It's just that you didn't set a number of columns in your menu:
www.dont-ask-mineralmakeup.com/administr...=menus&task=edit&cid []=485
It was set to 1. I just changed it to 3 and now your products listing displays with 3 columns:
www.dont-ask-mineralmakeup.com/index.php/mineral-shadows
I just saw it.
You actually don't have a problem with that bug.
It's just that you didn't set a number of columns in your menu:
www.dont-ask-mineralmakeup.com/administr...=menus&task=edit&cid []=485
It was set to 1. I just changed it to 3 and now your products listing displays with 3 columns:
www.dont-ask-mineralmakeup.com/index.php/mineral-shadows
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds