- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Products Not Showing
15 years 9 months ago #3914
by ptruble
Products Not Showing was created by ptruble
I have read the tutorials and have tried and failed to get products to display on my website. I have successfully gotten the categories to show but when clicking through to reveal the products each category is found to be empty when they are not.
Suggestions would be great!
Suggestions would be great!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3919
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not Showing
You need to go to your joomla back end and edit the menu you created. There, click on the "hikashop options" link. You should see the HikaShop options for your menu. Save them. You should see a message telling you that you are missing an associated module to display the listing of products below the listing of categories with a link to create it automatically. Once that is done you should see your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3922
by ptruble
Replied by ptruble on topic Re: Products Not Showing
When I click on "HikaShop Options" it takes me to the configuration, but when I save it, it reads "successfully saved."
I do not see an option to automatically associate a module although there is a parameter to manually associate a module, but I dont have any modules configured yet.
I do not see an option to automatically associate a module although there is a parameter to manually associate a module, but I dont have any modules configured yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3924
by ptruble
Replied by ptruble on topic Re: Products Not Showing
I created a module and attempted to associate it with the menu, but i get
this
.
Really trying to avoid Virtuemart, but I have wasted hours on this now.
Really trying to avoid Virtuemart, but I have wasted hours on this now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3930
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not Showing
The link you posted on your last message is a link for a hikashop menu of type products listing and not categories listing.
There is no need for the system to associate a product listing module to a products listing menu since the products listing menu is already displaying the products. If you don't see the products with that type of menu, then it's because you didn't set the appropriate "parent category" in the hikashop options of the menu or that you are displaying only "direct sub elements" and that your products are not directly linked to the parent category but to a sub category of that category.
You could try also to compare your settings with the options on the demo website.
There is no need for the system to associate a product listing module to a products listing menu since the products listing menu is already displaying the products. If you don't see the products with that type of menu, then it's because you didn't set the appropriate "parent category" in the hikashop options of the menu or that you are displaying only "direct sub elements" and that your products are not directly linked to the parent category but to a sub category of that category.
You could try also to compare your settings with the options on the demo website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds