- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
15 years 9 months ago #3986
by sidneyd
New Values Not Adding to Characteristics was created by sidneyd
Hi,
I saw a previous post with someone with this issue but the reply did not answer the question.
Basically, I am setting up my shop to sell clothing and therefore require different sets of colours and sizes. I have created a new characteristic for Size and Colour but when I try to Add new values ie Small, Medium, Large etc, they don't save. I click to Add, enter the required information the pop up box and click ok, but nothing happens, the values don't appear on the list.
Hope someone can help
I saw a previous post with someone with this issue but the reply did not answer the question.
Basically, I am setting up my shop to sell clothing and therefore require different sets of colours and sizes. I have created a new characteristic for Size and Colour but when I try to Add new values ie Small, Medium, Large etc, they don't save. I click to Add, enter the required information the pop up box and click ok, but nothing happens, the values don't appear on the list.
Hope someone can help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3990
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi,
If you try on our demo website the same manipulation, do you have the same problem ?
If yes, it means the problem is a compatiblity with your browser or a bug in hikashop. In such case, could you try it with another browser and tell us which browser (and which version of it) you're using ?
If no, it means the problem comes either from your server/joomla plugins/back end template. In such case, Could you give us more details on these ?
If you try on our demo website the same manipulation, do you have the same problem ?
If yes, it means the problem is a compatiblity with your browser or a bug in hikashop. In such case, could you try it with another browser and tell us which browser (and which version of it) you're using ?
If no, it means the problem comes either from your server/joomla plugins/back end template. In such case, Could you give us more details on these ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3991
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi Nicolas,
Tried it on the demo and it works fine (I'm on a different PC at the moment). I'll try using a different browser and see if that helps
Thanks
Tried it on the demo and it works fine (I'm on a different PC at the moment). I'll try using a different browser and see if that helps
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3994
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Do you use the latest version of HikaShop ? Also, could you do a screenshot of what happens when you try to add a value ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3995
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi There,
I will do that when I return to the pc where my local host is on, thanks
I will do that when I return to the pc where my local host is on, thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4024
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi Nicolas,
I logged in using Firefox and it appears to be working, thanks
I logged in using Firefox and it appears to be working, thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4028
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Which browser (which version?) were you using before ? Because we would still like to solve the problem instead of working around it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4033
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi Nicolas it was IE7
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4038
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Thank you. I indeed tried on several websites with IE7 and could not replicate the problem. Do you use a special template in your back end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4042
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Hi Nicolas
As far as I'm aware it's just the standard joolma back end template
Colin
As far as I'm aware it's just the standard joolma back end template
Colin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4043
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Mmm. Then, do you use some kind of security plugin ?
I'm getting out of ideas on this one.
I'm getting out of ideas on this one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #4047
by sidneyd
Replied by sidneyd on topic Re: New Values Not Adding to Characteristics
Not that I know of, I'll have a look
Colin
Colin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds