- Posts: 187
- Thank you received: 10
Simpel downloadable product option?
14 years 7 months ago #40388
by zebrafilm
Simpel downloadable product option? was created by zebrafilm
I am struggling to keep things simple within HIKAshop.
I have a PDF people pay for and then should be able to download.
Now the order is created (and they get the confirmation), then we have to go the backend, change the status to confirmed and click the 'inform user' to get them the download link.
The client gets an overload off emails and has a hard time to find the link, we have a lot of extra work to confirm those downloads.
When people pay, they get a confirmed status but no download link. The same if I set HIKA in the config to make the standard setting of an order 'confirmed'. Then I still have to go into the backend, change things around to get them the download link.
Best would be of course when they see the download link after they pay on the website, I can live with 1 email confirming everything and including a link.
How to solve this?
Thanks in advance.
Bastiaan
I have a PDF people pay for and then should be able to download.
Now the order is created (and they get the confirmation), then we have to go the backend, change the status to confirmed and click the 'inform user' to get them the download link.
The client gets an overload off emails and has a hard time to find the link, we have a lot of extra work to confirm those downloads.
When people pay, they get a confirmed status but no download link. The same if I set HIKA in the config to make the standard setting of an order 'confirmed'. Then I still have to go into the backend, change things around to get them the download link.
Best would be of course when they see the download link after they pay on the website, I can live with 1 email confirming everything and including a link.
How to solve this?
Thanks in advance.
Bastiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40568
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Simpel downloadable product option?
Hi,
Since 1.5.5 the download link is included automatically in the order status notification email which is sent to the users when orders are confirmed.
Normally, the orders should be confirmed automatically once the payment has been received via a payment notification to hikashop from your payment platform. So all that should be autonomous.
That's actually exactly the setup we have on our website in order to sell commercial editions of HikaShop.
So maybe you don't have the latest version and maybe you have a problem with the orders not being confirmed automatically.
I don't know which payment platform you're using, but if it's PayPal, we have some specific documentation for issues that can occur with it and in point on the orders not being confirmed automatically:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Since 1.5.5 the download link is included automatically in the order status notification email which is sent to the users when orders are confirmed.
Normally, the orders should be confirmed automatically once the payment has been received via a payment notification to hikashop from your payment platform. So all that should be autonomous.
That's actually exactly the setup we have on our website in order to sell commercial editions of HikaShop.
So maybe you don't have the latest version and maybe you have a problem with the orders not being confirmed automatically.
I don't know which payment platform you're using, but if it's PayPal, we have some specific documentation for issues that can occur with it and in point on the orders not being confirmed automatically:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40575
by zebrafilm
Replied by zebrafilm on topic Re: Simpel downloadable product option?
Hi Nicolas, thanks for the answers.
I am running the very latest version. I am using the IDEAL payment plugin but was testing with a coupon code of 100% discount to test the setup. It seems that there is no status change if I don't go to a payment provider...
Bastiaan
I am running the very latest version. I am using the IDEAL payment plugin but was testing with a coupon code of 100% discount to test the setup. It seems that there is no status change if I don't go to a payment provider...
Bastiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40580
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Simpel downloadable product option?
That's indeed the case. You would have to use that plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-ordering.html#32694
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-ordering.html#32694
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds