- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
- leocoppens
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 7 months ago #41175
by leocoppens
Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!) was created by leocoppens
Hi all,
New here and tried to install Hikashop.
My configuration:
Backend: Ubuntu server 11.10 with Lamp/phpmyadmin/joomla 2.5
Frontend: Win 7 Ultimate
I did the follwoing:
1.downloaded the extension in win7
2.went to Joomla Admin->Extension Mgr->Install
3.selected the downloaded file named "com_hikashop_starter_1.5.6_2012-02-27.zip" and pressed Upload and Install
After that I got the referred error msg...
Is it permissions? What should I do next?
Sorry for my newby's questions...
thanks!
Leo
New here and tried to install Hikashop.
My configuration:
Backend: Ubuntu server 11.10 with Lamp/phpmyadmin/joomla 2.5
Frontend: Win 7 Ultimate
I did the follwoing:
1.downloaded the extension in win7
2.went to Joomla Admin->Extension Mgr->Install
3.selected the downloaded file named "com_hikashop_starter_1.5.6_2012-02-27.zip" and pressed Upload and Install
After that I got the referred error msg...
Is it permissions? What should I do next?
Sorry for my newby's questions...
thanks!
Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41371
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
Hi,
That's indeed a permission problem. Please try an install via FTP as
explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That's indeed a permission problem. Please try an install via FTP as
explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- leocoppens
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #41423
by leocoppens
Replied by leocoppens on topic Re: Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
Hi, Thanks for the answer.
I did now FTP the decompressed directory and all of it's contents into /tmp/ of my home directory.
Now when I try to install in joomla it continues to fail giving the message that it cannot create /var/www/joomla/components/com_hikashop
If I try to create that folder manually via "sudo mkdir..." and run the installer again it complaints about other stuff:
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_hikashop
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Component Update: Failed to create admin directory: /var/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_hikashop
Quite a nightmare really.
Do you have any advice?
thanks,
Frustrated Leo
I did now FTP the decompressed directory and all of it's contents into /tmp/ of my home directory.
Now when I try to install in joomla it continues to fail giving the message that it cannot create /var/www/joomla/components/com_hikashop
If I try to create that folder manually via "sudo mkdir..." and run the installer again it complaints about other stuff:
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_hikashop
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Component Update: Failed to create admin directory: /var/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_hikashop
Quite a nightmare really.
Do you have any advice?
thanks,
Frustrated Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41429
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
It means that the permissions of the folders on your website do not allow joomla to add the folders and files of the extension you are installing.
The simple way to avoid these problems is to do a chmod 777 on all the folders of the website. You can always put them back to 755 later.
The simple way to avoid these problems is to do a chmod 777 on all the folders of the website. You can always put them back to 755 later.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- leocoppens
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 7 months ago #41567
by leocoppens
Replied by leocoppens on topic Re: Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
Hi Nicolas,
Can you please list what folders i need to enable read/write/execute so I don't have to chmod recursive?
Thanks,
leo
Can you please list what folders i need to enable read/write/execute so I don't have to chmod recursive?
Thanks,
leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41703
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation Issue (Warning: Failed to move file!)
The list is available in the documentation page I gave you the link to :
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds