- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
New to HikaShop/Joomla, what's are my first steps?
14 years 7 months ago #41602
by bigpete
New to HikaShop/Joomla, what's are my first steps? was created by bigpete
Hello,
My name is Peter and I very new to Joomla and even newer to Hikashop. I am in the process of opening a tropical fish shop with an online presence. The way I want to present fish on my website is have a list of major categories. then the shopper can select the category and shop within that category.
I went through a "getting started" tutorial that showed you how to enter a product and order it. Wow!! Very impressed.
I am confused on how to start. Do add all my categories in Joomla then HikaShop or only Hikashop. Than, once I add categories do I just begin to add products under that category.
I am having trouble following tutorial because I don't have sufiecient knowledge in Joomla to know how to read HikaShop tutorial, but I feel that if with trial and error and a some help from this community I will have success.
If you can suggest some additional beginner tutorials, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Peter
My name is Peter and I very new to Joomla and even newer to Hikashop. I am in the process of opening a tropical fish shop with an online presence. The way I want to present fish on my website is have a list of major categories. then the shopper can select the category and shop within that category.
I went through a "getting started" tutorial that showed you how to enter a product and order it. Wow!! Very impressed.
I am confused on how to start. Do add all my categories in Joomla then HikaShop or only Hikashop. Than, once I add categories do I just begin to add products under that category.
I am having trouble following tutorial because I don't have sufiecient knowledge in Joomla to know how to read HikaShop tutorial, but I feel that if with trial and error and a some help from this community I will have success.
If you can suggest some additional beginner tutorials, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Peter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41719
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New to HikaShop/Joomla, what's are my first steps?
Hi,
You should add the categories only in HikaShop. The categories in Joomla are for Joomla articles.
The categories in HikaShop are for HikaShop products.
And yes, you can just add the products in each category.
All the documentation for HikaShop is available here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation.html
Regarding Joomla, I would recommend the Joomla wiki:
docs.joomla.org/
You might want first to get a better grasp of Joomla before going deeper into HikaShop. Then it should be easier to handle its setup.
You should add the categories only in HikaShop. The categories in Joomla are for Joomla articles.
The categories in HikaShop are for HikaShop products.
And yes, you can just add the products in each category.
All the documentation for HikaShop is available here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation.html
Regarding Joomla, I would recommend the Joomla wiki:
docs.joomla.org/
You might want first to get a better grasp of Joomla before going deeper into HikaShop. Then it should be easier to handle its setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigpete
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41805
by bigpete
Replied by bigpete on topic Re: New to HikaShop/Joomla, what's are my first steps?
Nicolas,
Thank you. My host provides an opportunity to add another site for just 5.00 usd per month, I have done that so that I can have a live envorinment to practice. Additioanlly, with HikShop I have added some categories and some products associated with those categories. I am a bit confused as to which tutorial to follow in the "Content display on front end" tutorial. I am first going to do "Listing of categories with a menu" and see what happens.
I have also bought Joomla! book, and I am reading the links you suggested. I am also upgradng to HikasShop Essential.
Thanks,
Peter
Thank you. My host provides an opportunity to add another site for just 5.00 usd per month, I have done that so that I can have a live envorinment to practice. Additioanlly, with HikShop I have added some categories and some products associated with those categories. I am a bit confused as to which tutorial to follow in the "Content display on front end" tutorial. I am first going to do "Listing of categories with a menu" and see what happens.
I have also bought Joomla! book, and I am reading the links you suggested. I am also upgradng to HikasShop Essential.
Thanks,
Peter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41990
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New to HikaShop/Joomla, what's are my first steps?
Great !
"Listing of categories with a menu" is a good start
"Listing of categories with a menu" is a good start
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigpete
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds