- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Satchels rates & others in Australia Post plugin
14 years 7 months ago #41932
by CassHW
Satchels rates & others in Australia Post plugin was created by CassHW
Hi Nicola,
Australia Post offers satchels at usually cheaper rates than normal parcels.
I don't seem to see this option in the checkout.
Isn't is included in the plugin?
the satchels are for up to 500g and then 3kg for standard post, and 500g, 3kg and 5kg for express post
Also, is there a way to have other extras such as insurance and express post?
thanks
Australia Post offers satchels at usually cheaper rates than normal parcels.
I don't seem to see this option in the checkout.
Isn't is included in the plugin?
the satchels are for up to 500g and then 3kg for standard post, and 500g, 3kg and 5kg for express post
Also, is there a way to have other extras such as insurance and express post?
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42057
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Satchels rates & others in Australia Post plugin
Hi,
From what I understand stachels are taken into account in the price returned by Australia Post:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/15895...incorrect.html#15895
Express post prices too.
But not insurance. You can add a fixed fee for that maybe ?
From what I understand stachels are taken into account in the price returned by Australia Post:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/15895...incorrect.html#15895
Express post prices too.
But not insurance. You can add a fixed fee for that maybe ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42236
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Re: Satchels rates & others in Australia Post plugin
Hi Nicola,
if you go to the link you sent me, and instead of choosing "Boxed item", tick "Satchels and other items" then enter the parameters you have in the article, you will then get a long list of different prices, including boxed items and satchels.
You get regular parcel at $5 then satchel up to 500g at $7.20 and so on.
The plugin doesn't give you that list.
For example, on my site, I have an item that weighs 250g going from 4370 to 4129 and I get express at $9.20 and standard at $6.35. It should offer the satchel up to 500g at $7.20 but it doesn't.
As for the insurance, I guess I could add a set fee but it wouldn't be exact as Australia post calculates insurance based on the value of the item. Is it possible to add a fixed fee based on the total price of the cart?
Australia post is so complex with their fee structure that it is a nightmare!!
thanks
if you go to the link you sent me, and instead of choosing "Boxed item", tick "Satchels and other items" then enter the parameters you have in the article, you will then get a long list of different prices, including boxed items and satchels.
You get regular parcel at $5 then satchel up to 500g at $7.20 and so on.
The plugin doesn't give you that list.
For example, on my site, I have an item that weighs 250g going from 4370 to 4129 and I get express at $9.20 and standard at $6.35. It should offer the satchel up to 500g at $7.20 but it doesn't.
As for the insurance, I guess I could add a set fee but it wouldn't be exact as Australia post calculates insurance based on the value of the item. Is it possible to add a fixed fee based on the total price of the cart?
Australia post is so complex with their fee structure that it is a nightmare!!
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42460
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Satchels rates & others in Australia Post plugin
Then it's not possible.
HikaShop is just displaying the shipping methods proposed by the API of Australia Post and I just checked and there is no option to have more prices returned like prices for satchels.
They also don't have any option to have the insurance fee calculated.
HikaShop is just displaying the shipping methods proposed by the API of Australia Post and I just checked and there is no option to have more prices returned like prices for satchels.
They also don't have any option to have the insurance fee calculated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds