- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
View vs Module editing
- linorabolini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #42431
by linorabolini
View vs Module editing was created by linorabolini
Hi guys, I was having a problem with editing modules. Here are my questions so far
How can I edit module's code ? using views ?
I have tried to edit several views but I don't see any change in the front-end, this is confusing me because now I don't know where the views are seen or what are views for.
If I have to edit a view so as to edit (indirectly) a module's look, how can I figure out which is the view I have to edit ?
I looked for this answers in the documentation, but I can figure out what is a view.
Adding modules is simple but I'm not sure how to edit them, or to view its source code so as to add some external data to them.
Thanks for your help
How can I edit module's code ? using views ?
I have tried to edit several views but I don't see any change in the front-end, this is confusing me because now I don't know where the views are seen or what are views for.
If I have to edit a view so as to edit (indirectly) a module's look, how can I figure out which is the view I have to edit ?
I looked for this answers in the documentation, but I can figure out what is a view.
Adding modules is simple but I'm not sure how to edit them, or to view its source code so as to add some external data to them.
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42575
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: View vs Module editing
When you edit views, make sure that you edit them for your front end template, otherwise, you want see any change.
There is no documentation to say which view file is for which page.
Most of the time, it's quite straight forward:
product/listing -> listing of products
product/show -> details page of a product
category/listing -> listing of categories
Then, you have a view files like listing_div and listing_table which are used based on whether you selected the layout to be DIV or table in your module/menu's options.
If you choose DIV, you can also select the item box layout. So if you select "image and title", it's the file listing_img_title which will be used. If you choose "image and description", it's the file listing_img_desc.
There is no documentation to say which view file is for which page.
Most of the time, it's quite straight forward:
product/listing -> listing of products
product/show -> details page of a product
category/listing -> listing of categories
Then, you have a view files like listing_div and listing_table which are used based on whether you selected the layout to be DIV or table in your module/menu's options.
If you choose DIV, you can also select the item box layout. So if you select "image and title", it's the file listing_img_title which will be used. If you choose "image and description", it's the file listing_img_desc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds