- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Custom Fields in Control Panel
14 years 6 months ago #43178
by Density5
Custom Fields in Control Panel was created by Density5
Hi, Nicolas
Our customer requires extra fields upon registration, of which I have added. I.e. Company Name and Company telephone number. I have created the fields on the user table, how would I show the extra fields on the control panel?
The buyers would need to update the fields over time at some point and i would like them to do it in there profile, I have seen the “view Front end - user - custom_fields” but i do not know how to call the view. any help would be great
Kind Regards
Gareth Davies
Our customer requires extra fields upon registration, of which I have added. I.e. Company Name and Company telephone number. I have created the fields on the user table, how would I show the extra fields on the control panel?
The buyers would need to update the fields over time at some point and i would like them to do it in there profile, I have seen the “view Front end - user - custom_fields” but i do not know how to call the view. any help would be great
Kind Regards
Gareth Davies
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43299
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Fields in Control Panel
There is no interface for now for custom user fields edition.
It's not easy to do what you want because the profile edition view is not in HikaShop but it's a Joomla view. So you would have to edit the joomla user profile edition view and add some custom code to load the HikaShop fields interface. But then you will be faced with the saving of the data. And that cannot be done easily...
In short, either you ask a developer to do it for you or you stick with what you have or you use custom address fields which can be edited already in the control panel.
It's not easy to do what you want because the profile edition view is not in HikaShop but it's a Joomla view. So you would have to edit the joomla user profile edition view and add some custom code to load the HikaShop fields interface. But then you will be faced with the saving of the data. And that cannot be done easily...
In short, either you ask a developer to do it for you or you stick with what you have or you use custom address fields which can be edited already in the control panel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds