- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Quantity Pricing with variant
14 years 6 months ago #43553
by wiersbr
Quantity Pricing with variant was created by wiersbr
Not sure if I can do this.
I have several variations of product which can be sold in quantity and can be mixed to make up the quantity...
For instance, I have 10 different bbq sauces..however my pricing is
$6.75 for 2-6 bottles
$6.25 for 7-11 bottles
You however can mix and match sauces within the quantities
So you can take 3 bottles of one sauce, 2 bottles of another, and 4 bottles of another, and get quantity pricing of $6.25 a bottle..
How do I do that?
I have several variations of product which can be sold in quantity and can be mixed to make up the quantity...
For instance, I have 10 different bbq sauces..however my pricing is
$6.75 for 2-6 bottles
$6.25 for 7-11 bottles
You however can mix and match sauces within the quantities
So you can take 3 bottles of one sauce, 2 bottles of another, and 4 bottles of another, and get quantity pricing of $6.25 a bottle..
How do I do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43739
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Quantity Pricing with variant
You need to create one product with one variation characteristic with the 10 possible variations.
Then set the several prices with the min quantity corresponding in the main product and that should work.
Then set the several prices with the min quantity corresponding in the main product and that should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43761
by wiersbr
Replied by wiersbr on topic Re: Quantity Pricing with variant
Ya, I thought of that but would not the variations be about 100 choices in this case?
10 Bottles
Variation 1 - 10 of sauce 1
Variation 2 - 10 of sauce 2
etc...
Variation 11 - 1 bottle sauce #1, 2 Bottles Sauce #2, 7 Bottles Sauce #3
etc..etc.etc..
I think that makes it 10x10=100
Worse yet I actually have 20 products so 20x20 = 400 items in the list.
Don't suppose there is a way to do a pricing on a category of products? That way quantity pricing is by category instead f by specific product. Any other ideas? I need a creative way to make this happen without confusing the buyer.
10 Bottles
Variation 1 - 10 of sauce 1
Variation 2 - 10 of sauce 2
etc...
Variation 11 - 1 bottle sauce #1, 2 Bottles Sauce #2, 7 Bottles Sauce #3
etc..etc.etc..
I think that makes it 10x10=100
Worse yet I actually have 20 products so 20x20 = 400 items in the list.
Don't suppose there is a way to do a pricing on a category of products? That way quantity pricing is by category instead f by specific product. Any other ideas? I need a creative way to make this happen without confusing the buyer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43872
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Quantity Pricing with variant
I'm not following you.
You have only one product (a bottle of sauce) with one characteristic (flavor) with 10 values ( each type of sauces).
That makes only 10 variants right ?
If you want to have quantity pricing on a whole category, you will have to create auto loaded coupons (menu System->Discounts) restricted to the category of products and set for it a minimum number of products and turn on the "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option.
The system will automatically add a coupon to the cart on the checkout based on the number of products bought in the category.
You have only one product (a bottle of sauce) with one characteristic (flavor) with 10 values ( each type of sauces).
That makes only 10 variants right ?
If you want to have quantity pricing on a whole category, you will have to create auto loaded coupons (menu System->Discounts) restricted to the category of products and set for it a minimum number of products and turn on the "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option.
The system will automatically add a coupon to the cart on the checkout based on the number of products bought in the category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds