- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Preview Youtube video instead of image.
I bought the Enterprise version and seems like it has a lot of possibilities. That's why I would like to know is it possible to have a YouTube video instead of the image when listing the products? I sell instructional videos (downloadable products) and it would be nice to have a preview video of each video I am selling instead of the thumbnail image. Actually I don't need any images to my products.
Can this be solved? I am not a programmer.
Thank you in advance
Tomi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, it can be added by creating a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields and then editing the file listing_img_title of the view "product" and replacing the block of code for the image ( between <!-- PRODUCT IMG --> and <!-- EO PRODUCT IMG -->
by some code to display the video. For example, with this extension extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multime...layers-a-gallery/812 and a youtube video, you would add the id of the video in the custom field of your product and in the view file the code :
<?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare','{youtube}'.$this->row->CUSTOM_FIELD.'{/youtube}'); ?>
where CUSTOM_FIELD would be replaced by the column name of the custom field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks. Great product and well spent money. I got the YouTube now working with the product listing but when I click to the actual product listing it will show : Specifications and then the actual id. Not the video anymore. Which custom field I need to edit to make it work at the actual product page?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, change $this->row by $this->element in the code for that view file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have been trying to modify the YouTube videos to several places where there is images.
But I could not find a solution how I can add it to the Image and description view (type of item layout). I want to replace the image with that YouTube video.
Thanks for help...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried that before but it gives the error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ..../com_hikashop/product/listing_img_desc.php on line 24
I replace the code same way but error comes...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you give the lines you have now ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hi. I wanted to reply to my old topic. I've been using the YouTube video as the substitute for the image but one thing has been bothering me and now I want to ask how to fix and hide those dots (see the image)?
I use DIV style layout for product listings. listing_img_title has been the file I've been editing and where the dots appear.
I hope you can help with this one because I've already used the search and did not find a solution to this.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is probably added by your template, you can follow this tutorial to find from where these dots come from and remove them.
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I managed to find a solution from another topic. I added this to the CSS file and they are gone
.thumbnails {
list-style: none;
margin-left: 0;
padding-left: 0;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
listing_img_title
show_block_img
listing_img_desc
2. not show picture in thumbnail only black square if click him i see error " error, try again later"
сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you configure properly the youtube extension you installed ?
The modification on HikaShop's code is correct as far as I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
my fail :blush: forget :whistle:nicolas wrote: Did you enter the id of the video in the custom field value of your products ?
but still not show video in module related products
сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.