- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
VAT Exempt Individual
14 years 6 months ago #43956
by jayem742
VAT Exempt Individual was created by jayem742
Hi
I am looking to create a tax rule which allows Individuals in UK to buy mobility aids who are exempt from tax - I am not sure how to add a new customer type and rule to achieve this...
Also Some of the products can not be included in this as even people who are VAT exempt will have to pay VAT on these prodcuts - any ideas how to achieve this and link it to the tax rule and the checkout process?????
Thanks you and thank you for a great product my first customer using this is very impressed! (as am I)
Cheers
I am looking to create a tax rule which allows Individuals in UK to buy mobility aids who are exempt from tax - I am not sure how to add a new customer type and rule to achieve this...
Also Some of the products can not be included in this as even people who are VAT exempt will have to pay VAT on these prodcuts - any ideas how to achieve this and link it to the tax rule and the checkout process?????
Thanks you and thank you for a great product my first customer using this is very impressed! (as am I)
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44090
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: VAT Exempt Individual
Hi,
You should create a new tax category via the "manage tax categories" button of the System->Taxes menu.
Then, use that tax category for your products which are tax exempt for individuals.
Then, if companies should still be taxed for these products, you will have to create new tax rule(s) limited to companies via the menu System->Taxes.
You should create a new tax category via the "manage tax categories" button of the System->Taxes menu.
Then, use that tax category for your products which are tax exempt for individuals.
Then, if companies should still be taxed for these products, you will have to create new tax rule(s) limited to companies via the menu System->Taxes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44099
by jayem742
Replied by jayem742 on topic Re: VAT Exempt Individual
Hi Nicholas
Thanks - got it!
Also I have another column which is retail packed (yes or no) I have tried adding this as a characteristic but I dont think this is right - any ideas how to get this show up in the product listings?
Thanks
Thanks - got it!
Also I have another column which is retail packed (yes or no) I have tried adding this as a characteristic but I dont think this is right - any ideas how to get this show up in the product listings?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44360
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: VAT Exempt Individual
Where does that column comes from ?
A csv file ?
What is that column for ?
A csv file ?
What is that column for ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44381
by jayem742
Replied by jayem742 on topic Re: VAT Exempt Individual
It comes from a csv file
it states whether an item is packed or not packed and is a "yes" or "no" value
Thanks
it states whether an item is packed or not packed and is a "yes" or "no" value
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44536
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: VAT Exempt Individual
You should create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial editions only).
Make sure that the column name of the custom field correspond to the column name in your CSV and it will be added automatically.Then, it will be displayed on the product page automatically if the "front end" option of the custom field is turned on.
Make sure that the column name of the custom field correspond to the column name in your CSV and it will be added automatically.Then, it will be displayed on the product page automatically if the "front end" option of the custom field is turned on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds