- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Display subcategory on my Product Listing page
- Integritivity
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #44737
by Integritivity
Display subcategory on my Product Listing page was created by Integritivity
This should be simple, yet I haven't been able to configure it.
I just want my subcategories of products to show up on the main product listing page.
My small shop is here www.1954mercuryregistry.com/index.php?op...ut=listing&Itemid=71 and I have changed the title of Product Listing to 1954 Mercury Memorabilia (so it's the default product listing). I have a subcategory called Spring Sale under that category with two products in it. I would like that subcategory to show up at the top of the page, but I can't get it to display the subcategory.
I tried publishing a Content Module for that subcategory, but that doesn't make it appear on the left panel either.
I have my HikaShop Content Module configured as in the attached picture.
I just want my subcategories of products to show up on the main product listing page.
My small shop is here www.1954mercuryregistry.com/index.php?op...ut=listing&Itemid=71 and I have changed the title of Product Listing to 1954 Mercury Memorabilia (so it's the default product listing). I have a subcategory called Spring Sale under that category with two products in it. I would like that subcategory to show up at the top of the page, but I can't get it to display the subcategory.
I tried publishing a Content Module for that subcategory, but that doesn't make it appear on the left panel either.
I have my HikaShop Content Module configured as in the attached picture.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45000
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display subcategory on my Product Listing page
Hi,
You want to display a category listing module right ? So first, you should publish the module. If it's not published, it won't be displayed. Then, you should change the type of content from product to category if you want to display categories.
You want to display a category listing module right ? So first, you should publish the module. If it's not published, it won't be displayed. Then, you should change the type of content from product to category if you want to display categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Integritivity
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #45006
by Integritivity
Replied by Integritivity on topic Re: Display subcategory on my Product Listing page
Thank you, that did fix part of it. Now the Sale category is listed at the top, but I actually want to show it already expanded, not as a link to another page.
Also, my items are now 3 across instead of 4 with a border, when my div parameters still say No Border and my number of columns is still 4.
Ideas on that?
Also, my items are now 3 across instead of 4 with a border, when my div parameters still say No Border and my number of columns is still 4.
Ideas on that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45166
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display subcategory on my Product Listing page
From what I understand, what you want is to create a category listing menu so that you get automatically the categories at the top and the products under the current category below it. You can do that easily by just creating a category listing menu as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
Your listing of products with three on a row is displayed by the module with the id 53 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules. You will get the options to change the display of that products listing there.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
Your listing of products with three on a row is displayed by the module with the id 53 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules. You will get the options to change the display of that products listing there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds