Skip to main content

Disable the 'Add to Cart'

More
14 years 6 months ago #44870 by swlabhot
Is it possible to temporarily disable the 'Add to Cart' or turn off the checkout and payment feature so that the site is up purely for product information only? This is to at least provide the product info whilst awaiting other process to be confirmed before I setup and enable the online shop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44873 by tony@10uk.net
I was thinking through this too. I came up with two options:

- Unpublish the cart so the checkout process is never available but product displays can be fully tested with everything looking like it should.

- Just take the whole site offline? You can still login and make sure all looks good before opening it up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44874 by seoweb
Try to do something like:

input.hikashop_cart_input_button {
display: none;
}

in a relevant .css file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44911 by gxHL
Replied by gxHL on topic Re: Disable the 'Add to Cart'
hmm maybe i don't understand this correctly but have you tried the Catalogue mode in Configuration>Display> ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44969 by swlabhot

tony@10uk.net wrote: I was thinking through this too. I came up with two options:

- Unpublish the cart so the checkout process is never available but product displays can be fully tested with everything looking like it should.

- Just take the whole site offline? You can still login and make sure all looks good before opening it up.


How do I unpublished just the Cart? I can't see it in config, or modules or plug-ins?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44975 by tony@10uk.net

swlabhot wrote: How do I unpublished just the Cart? I can't see it in config, or modules or plug-ins?


Yes it is a module. The HikaShop options within that module set whether mini or full cart and other options.

Look in your module list (make sure you have the list to show all rather than top twenty) and select the type to be Hikashop Cart Module.

I can't think how else you would publish a cart other than by a module but I could be wrong.

Regards,

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44994 by lacasetta

gxHL wrote: hmm maybe i don't understand this correctly but have you tried the Catalogue mode in Configuration>Display> ?


Yes,
I think this is the right and simple mode to do that!

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #45012 by swlabhot

lacasetta wrote:

gxHL wrote: hmm maybe i don't understand this correctly but have you tried the Catalogue mode in Configuration>Display> ?


Yes,
I think this is the right and simple mode to do that!


Perfect! Thats exactly what I need :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum