- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Product layout page - changes not taking effect??
I have made changes (ie deleting and moving) in product/show_default2 and these do not seem to be taking effect on the product page. I have linked to the correct file on the product but nothing seems to change?!
I have been seemingly getting no-where for a while now, so any help is appreciated. It's fully updated. :S
Kind Regards,
Barney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should edit the file show_default via the menu Display->Views and change the name there so that it creates a duplicate that you will be able to select in your products.
Also, make sure that you edit the file for the correct template, otherwise, you won't see any changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am absolutely sure I have both modified the template and also linked it to the correct one. Still no change. Seems that any template I select makes no difference?
I have confirmed that it is the right page I'm editing by changing the desciption. You can see below the code where I added loads of sections of code to the "top_part"
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe that's why you think it doesn't work ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to update to the latest version ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I upgraded earlier this week, and checked this evening it had the big green OKAY banner. :dry:
Shall I PM you the login details so you can have a poke about yourself?
Regards,
Barney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We would have to investigate further with an FTP access in order to move forward on the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Shall I send you the FTP details as well?
Regards,
Barney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sent the FTP details shortly after I posted that message.
Thanks,
Barney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've added the text "test" in the "show_default3" file via the menu Display->Views and I can see it on your product pages after I set it.
The problem came from the fact that you had characteristics attached to your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Which product did you get this to work with? Unfortunately I can't get it to work.
Does this mean that I can't change the layout for products with characteristics?
Thanks,
Barney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Genesis Signature Cricket Bat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.