- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
PayPal not showing as a payment option
14 years 6 months ago #44999
by Rayza
PayPal not showing as a payment option was created by Rayza
I'm using 2 payment options - Bank Transfer, and PayPal Std. I did a few tests with just the Bank Transfer option available, and then decided to try the PayPal option. I've activated the payment plugin, and gone through the various options but it still won't show up in my Checkout payment options. If i disable the Bank Transfer option, i get a msg saying "No payment methods found".
I've been through the FAQ and i noticed that i had changed the currency code (i'm using South African Rands ZAR). I changed it back to ZAR, with no difference other than my pricing is now displaying the code instead of the symbol? I have set my zone, selected the shipping option, and selected my currency. The only options that are empty are the 3 URL options - do these need to be set if i only want them at default?
I'm not sure what else to check?
I've been through the FAQ and i noticed that i had changed the currency code (i'm using South African Rands ZAR). I changed it back to ZAR, with no difference other than my pricing is now displaying the code instead of the symbol? I have set my zone, selected the shipping option, and selected my currency. The only options that are empty are the 3 URL options - do these need to be set if i only want them at default?
I'm not sure what else to check?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45158
by Rayza
Replied by Rayza on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
bump...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45159
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
The FAQ mentions that you should unselect the currency, the zone and the shipping methods. You still have those three options selected on your screenshot. Unselect them and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45170
by Rayza
Replied by Rayza on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
nope, still not working. I didn't have these selected the first time so i added them. I've deselected them and it still isn't appearing...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45173
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
Is your main currency ZAR in the configuration ?
If so, that's normal that you don't see it. As far as I know, PayPal does not support payments for ZAR currency.
If so, that's normal that you don't see it. As far as I know, PayPal does not support payments for ZAR currency.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45174
by Rayza
Replied by Rayza on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
hmmm... PayPal has a ZA (South Africa) subsite and one of our local banks supports them so I assumed (stupid, i know) that ZAR was accepted. I've checked with the bank and it has to be converted from USD.... Back to the drawing board...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45180
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
iVeri supports ZAR and is in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45256
by Rayza
Replied by Rayza on topic Re: PayPal not showing as a payment option
awesome - thanks for that. I've never heard of iVeri before, but apparently its a Nedbank product, so i'll get my client to contact them...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds