- Posts: 39
- Thank you received: 0
Display Course Dates Under each Category?
14 years 6 months ago #45129
by nolanf76
Display Course Dates Under each Category? was created by nolanf76
Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction? I have followed the tutorials for Hikashop but I'm struggling to link a list of course dates for each course we have available. Could anyone point me in the right direction - or offer some pointers?
Many Thanks
Fiona
Many Thanks
Fiona
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45329
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Could you give more information on what you're doing (screenshots are more than welcome) and what is not working precisely (also a link to the page would be great) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45562
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your email. We have several training courses that we sell and each has a selection of start date options. I have managed to create 2 products/categories with a drop down list for dates (please see attachments). When I click on Counterbalance Course (Novice) from the main menu it brings up details for this course and the other course I currently have listed (Reach Conversion Course) - how do I only get it link through to just the one set of course dates?
Many Thanks
Fiona
Thank you for your email. We have several training courses that we sell and each has a selection of start date options. I have managed to create 2 products/categories with a drop down list for dates (please see attachments). When I click on Counterbalance Course (Novice) from the main menu it brings up details for this course and the other course I currently have listed (Reach Conversion Course) - how do I only get it link through to just the one set of course dates?
Many Thanks
Fiona
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45693
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
So instead of a characteristic, you should use a related products listing on the product page if I understand correctly what you want.
Here is more info about that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#related
Here is more info about that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#related
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45722
by rwstout
Groet,
René
Replied by rwstout on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi Fiona,
To me it looks as if the second picture shows a category listing of products in stead of a product page.
When you open a product page, Hikashop shows the Characteristics dropdown, When you show a category listing, Hikashops only shows the Options button.
This link shows a category listing. The first article has two characteristics.
This link shows a product page.
Is this any help?
To me it looks as if the second picture shows a category listing of products in stead of a product page.
When you open a product page, Hikashop shows the Characteristics dropdown, When you show a category listing, Hikashops only shows the Options button.
This link shows a category listing. The first article has two characteristics.
This link shows a product page.
Is this any help?
Groet,
René
The following user(s) said Thank You: nolanf76
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45734
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi,
Thanks for your response - I think you are probably right, I'm not sure if I've got confused adding products and categories. I think I may have to start again, although I'm not sure how to get the products listed correctly.
Thanks for your response - I think you are probably right, I'm not sure if I've got confused adding products and categories. I think I may have to start again, although I'm not sure how to get the products listed correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45735
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think this is what I want to achieve - this seems to add another menu.
I would like to have a separate product page for each of my training courses with drop down menus allowing customers to select which level of course they want to register for and what date they would to start?
Any further guidance would be much appreciated.
Fiona
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think this is what I want to achieve - this seems to add another menu.
I would like to have a separate product page for each of my training courses with drop down menus allowing customers to select which level of course they want to register for and what date they would to start?
Any further guidance would be much appreciated.
Fiona
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45781
by rwstout
Groet,
René
Replied by rwstout on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi Fiona,
You could think of setting up two characteristics: one for the course levels and one for the starting dates.
Then in each article you add the characteristics you need. Each level can have its own price.
See this link: www.prevenzis.nl/index.php/jaar-3-neurom...rpointspecialist-3ts for an example.
The 'Betaalwijze' could be your course level, with a price for each occurrence. 'Aanvangsdatum' shows two possible dates: spring and autumn.
Both Betaalwijze and Aanvangsdatum contain more choices, but for this article only these are activated. Also note that for each characteristic you can add its own description, picture and/or price.
You could think of setting up two characteristics: one for the course levels and one for the starting dates.
Then in each article you add the characteristics you need. Each level can have its own price.
See this link: www.prevenzis.nl/index.php/jaar-3-neurom...rpointspecialist-3ts for an example.
The 'Betaalwijze' could be your course level, with a price for each occurrence. 'Aanvangsdatum' shows two possible dates: spring and autumn.
Both Betaalwijze and Aanvangsdatum contain more choices, but for this article only these are activated. Also note that for each characteristic you can add its own description, picture and/or price.
Groet,
René
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45843
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi,
Many thanks for your reply - I think this is exactly what I want to achieve. Just one more question - are the characteristics added to a 'product' or 'category'?
Thanks
Fiona
Many thanks for your reply - I think this is exactly what I want to achieve. Just one more question - are the characteristics added to a 'product' or 'category'?
Thanks
Fiona
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45847
by rwstout
Groet,
René
Replied by rwstout on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Hi Fiona,
To the product.
To the product.
Groet,
René
The following user(s) said Thank You: nolanf76
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45904
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Re: Display Course Dates Under each Category?
Thats great - thank you. I will give that a try.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds