- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
Change Manufacturer to Designer
14 years 6 months ago #45524
by jceg316
Change Manufacturer to Designer was created by jceg316
Hello,
I'm creating a fashion ecommerce site and it would make a lot more sense if the Manufacturer field was called Designer. Is there a way to change this?
Thans in advance for your help.
I'm creating a fashion ecommerce site and it would make a lot more sense if the Manufacturer field was called Designer. Is there a way to change this?
Thans in advance for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 6 months ago #45525
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Change Manufacturer to Designer
There is a language file that can be edited.
Go into backend, choose hikashop component.
System-->Configuration-->Languages tab
Click on the edit button on the row for tha language you want to change.
This opens a pane that lists all the text items.
I find it easier to copy the lot to something that I can search better than in a browser.
Overrides can be added at the bottom.
Is this what you mean? There are a few manufacturer entries.
Tony
Go into backend, choose hikashop component.
System-->Configuration-->Languages tab
Click on the edit button on the row for tha language you want to change.
This opens a pane that lists all the text items.
I find it easier to copy the lot to something that I can search better than in a browser.
Overrides can be added at the bottom.
Is this what you mean? There are a few manufacturer entries.
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45527
by jceg316
Replied by jceg316 on topic Re: Change Manufacturer to Designer
Thanks for your reply. Basically, what I'll be doing is using the Manufacturer field as "designer". Therefore I can use it in the front end as a filter option, search option etc. As it's a fashion website and not a steel goods reseller, designer would make more sense to the buyers.
I have brought up the languages editing panel but I'm not sure what I would type in to change Manufacturer to Designer.
I have brought up the languages editing panel but I'm not sure what I would type in to change Manufacturer to Designer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 6 months ago #45528
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Change Manufacturer to Designer
If you click the little change icon in the row for your language it will open a pane with all the translations.
Just search for Manufacturer and change each text tag in the override box.
I've changed lots in here and it reflects in front end, but I don't use manufacturer so no promises - wait for Nicolas.
I also find it easier to copy the lot to a tool like wordpad and do searches in there and prepare my overrides.
HTH
Tony
Just search for Manufacturer and change each text tag in the override box.
I've changed lots in here and it reflects in front end, but I don't use manufacturer so no promises - wait for Nicolas.
I also find it easier to copy the lot to a tool like wordpad and do searches in there and prepare my overrides.
HTH
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45530
by jceg316
Replied by jceg316 on topic Re: Change Manufacturer to Designer
I tried this but unfortunately it didn't work. I copied it into notepad and did [CTRL]+[F] for manufacture. I individually went through and changed each one paying very close attention to prefixes, suffixes, plurals and capitalisation. The end result was Manufacturer was changed to "MANUFACTURER". I think I need to edit a file elsewhere.
Thanks for the advice though
Thanks for the advice though
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 6 months ago #45551
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Change Manufacturer to Designer
Sorry it didn't work - perhaps I've been lucky with all the things I have changed.
This is the link that Nicolas always posts showing how to do it but if it doesn't work for manufacturer I don't know. Sorry.
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
This is the link that Nicolas always posts showing how to do it but if it doesn't work for manufacturer I don't know. Sorry.
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds