- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
authorize only and capture option?
15 years 8 months ago #4575
by shelah
authorize only and capture option? was created by shelah
Hi-
I was wondering if there is a particular script I can replace for the authorize.net payment option to change it to authorize only and capture versus authorize and capture. Here are the payment methods according to authorize.net: www.authorize.net/support/merchant/Submi...ransaction_Types.htm
Also, paypal has this option too... just in case if someone is interested in doing this to paypal.
www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/pdf/PP_AuthC...IntegrationGuide.pdf
Any chance I can edit the codes in the authorize-end or paypal-end files to incorporate these integrations easily?
Thanks
I was wondering if there is a particular script I can replace for the authorize.net payment option to change it to authorize only and capture versus authorize and capture. Here are the payment methods according to authorize.net: www.authorize.net/support/merchant/Submi...ransaction_Types.htm
Also, paypal has this option too... just in case if someone is interested in doing this to paypal.
www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/pdf/PP_AuthC...IntegrationGuide.pdf
Any chance I can edit the codes in the authorize-end or paypal-end files to incorporate these integrations easily?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #4576
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
Hi,
If you're asking that, I suppose that it's because you would like to just authorize the transaction during the checkout so that you know that the client has the funds, but then capture the funds when the parcel is ready to be shipped. Is that right ?
Changing authorize.net plugin to do the authorization only during the checkout should be a matter of changing one line in the plugin.
But, then, capturing the payment when the order status is changed will require to create a new function in the plugin to contact the payment gateway as well as adding some code on the order notification function to save the transaction id in the order information so that it can be used in the capturing request to authorize.
You can do it, now it's not just 2 lines of code to add... Otherwise, we would already have added them.
If you're asking that, I suppose that it's because you would like to just authorize the transaction during the checkout so that you know that the client has the funds, but then capture the funds when the parcel is ready to be shipped. Is that right ?
Changing authorize.net plugin to do the authorization only during the checkout should be a matter of changing one line in the plugin.
But, then, capturing the payment when the order status is changed will require to create a new function in the plugin to contact the payment gateway as well as adding some code on the order notification function to save the transaction id in the order information so that it can be used in the capturing request to authorize.
You can do it, now it's not just 2 lines of code to add... Otherwise, we would already have added them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24588
by jlopresti
Replied by jlopresti on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
Hello,
Is there any update on this feature? My boss is used to just having the website just authorize and then he would capture the payment manually. If so what lines of code would need to be added?
Is there any update on this feature? My boss is used to just having the website just authorize and then he would capture the payment manually. If so what lines of code would need to be added?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24596
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
There is no update for now. So far no one else requested it so it's a low priority.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24597
by jlopresti
Replied by jlopresti on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
Got it. I'm fairly new with this, but do you think it's possible to have authorize.net make a change on their side to allow me to just authorize instead of both authorizing and capturing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24600
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
No, the modification has to be done in the plugin file plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize.php by changing the line:
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_CAPTURE';
to:
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_ONLY';
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_CAPTURE';
to:
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_ONLY';
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24603
by jlopresti
Replied by jlopresti on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
I apologize if I don't fully understand.
So if I modified that line of code like you mentioned, would we be able to log in to authorize.net and capture the payment there?
I don't necessarily need the capture function on my websites back-end. This is the way my manager has been processing payments with our old websites and wants to continue to process payments this way due to the nature of our business.
So if I modified that line of code like you mentioned, would we be able to log in to authorize.net and capture the payment there?
I don't necessarily need the capture function on my websites back-end. This is the way my manager has been processing payments with our old websites and wants to continue to process payments this way due to the nature of our business.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24608
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
Yes. That's indeed what I propose.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24610
by jlopresti
Replied by jlopresti on topic Re: authorize only and capture option?
Thank you very much that is exactly what my boss was looking for.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds