Paypal plugin won't reset shipping methods
"Manual shipping" showed up automatically in the "Shipping method" field of the PayPal plugin control.
"USPS" has never showed up in this field, despite the fact that it was enabled.
With the activation of my USPS account, the output of its plugin has been appearing correctly.
However, if one of the USPS options is chosen instead of manual shipping, HikaShop comes back with "No payment methods found."
Unpublishing the manual method and disabling the manual plugin have caused no change in the "Shipping method" field of the PayPal plugin, and HS still reports "No payment methods found."
Sorry if this has come up before, but the forum's search field limitation of 20 characters means a real-life query is regularly impossible to enter.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That shipping plugin would have to be modified in order to handle that feature.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The USPS plugin is becoming more important because that organization is now offering non-expedited shipping that is cheaper than either UPS or FedEx. (Also, both of the latter charge for at-store pickups, but the USPS shows up everyday, gratis.)
To reiterate the situation, perhaps more clearly--
- The only payment option was the Paypal plugin, which had been enabled and working.
- The only shipping method enabled was one entry in the Manual shipping plugin. "MANUAL SHIPPING" had inserted itself into the "Shipping method" field of the Paypal plugin control page.
- Both plugins were working properly: shipping values were inserted into the price calculation; control was relayed to the Paypal Sandbox; and all operations completed successfully.
- On enabling the USPS plugin, the chosen shipping options for it were added correctly to the checkout page. After I had selected one of those options, the value of the selection was inserted into the calculation, the total charge was updated, and all appeared clear and good.
- Pressing 'Next' caused display of the banner message, stating "No payment methods found."
- And this is as far as it would progress.
I have gone ahead and wiped out this Joomla site, dropped the associated database, and reinstalled Joomla (2.5.4, same version as during the failure). I installed Akeeba Admin and Backup before any other extension, and will see if they can be used to help avoid problems, or at least provide a way of not having to wipe out the entire site to remove accumulated, apparently irremediable problems like this one. I have installed in this order: Joomla, Akeeba, JCE, Gantry Framework, HikaShop. I am hoping that this will leave HikaShop's installation as the final, overriding setup, as it is the largest and most complicated of any of the extensions.
This is the only problem I have found in trying out HikaShop Starter that is a show-stopper, keeping me from recommending the Business edition to clients. (I have looked at the PHP sources; however, without getting much more familiar with its flow, I cannot tell at the moment where any changes in the USPS plugin might be necessary.)
I will update this thread with the results of this present re-installation, so that you may have any further information about this situation.
Merci bien!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#shippingMethods
You can look at the files of the other shipping plugins we made for an example of how you can do it.
All the shipping plugins are located in the folder plugins/hikashopshipping
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The PayPal and USPS plugins works fine together.
If you don't see PayPal when you select a USPS shipping method, it's probably that you configured PayPal to only display for other shipping methods as it's possible with the restriction on "shipping methods" in the options of all the payment plugins.
So I encourage you to review that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can see paypal and USPS together. The problem is when there is more than 12 items in a cart, there's a max quantity error. That's probably sufficient for when we go live, but may be problematic in the future.
Thanks for the reply,
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you set any restriction in your shipping plugin options ?
Can you do a screenshot ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohammed is looking at this, I had a duplicate request. I'm very sorry, I was referring to another issue that Mohammed is looking at. My issue with the cart reloading (my main issue right now) is that there is no error message. When the user clicks "Next" the page just reloads without an error. It looks exactly like it did before you click "Next".
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should get a message telling you what the problem is.
If you don't, it's probably because of your template:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages
Also, I invite you to check all the points of the FAQ which lists all the possible causes of shipping/payment methods not being found during the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.