- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
- DoomSlayer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #45829
by DoomSlayer
Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation was created by DoomSlayer
Hello
Really like Hikashop a lot. Have been able to get a new store up and running and learn Hikashop in less than a few days so that's impressive!
A question around shipping which is best explained through an example:
We sell wine. When we ship one box of wine to a single address the shipping costs $15 per box.
In the Shipping Method there is an option "Use price per product" which we tick "YES" and set to 15 the "Price per product" box that comes up when you tick "YES".
I thought that this would then charge $15 per product added to the cart but it doesn't. On the checkout page it shows Shipping Method $15 and is ticked and then in the total at the bottom it shows $15 for the shipping whether 1 item is chosen or 2 or more.
I would have thought this would have chosen $15 for 1 item in cart, $30 for 2 items in the cart, $45 for 3 items in the cart and so on.
I've looked in the documentation and there is no mention of this option in the Help files. I've also looked on the support forum and can't find anything specific to my query above so thought I should post this question and let you know there isn't any help on this option in the documentation.
I've tried to keep this question as simple and specific as possible as I have follow on questions. I know we could add the $15 shipping into the price of the product but this does not reflect well in marketing terms when a new person is visiting your site to see the product is $15 dearer in a list of prices. Yes they could click through to the description and read why but as we know 3 seconds attention span for new people on a site and we've lost them. Plus the idea of including within the price wouldn't sit well for various other reasons with a few of our clients.
If you could help me solve this issue that would make this the number one shopping cart solution for us and our clients!
Many thanks
DS
Really like Hikashop a lot. Have been able to get a new store up and running and learn Hikashop in less than a few days so that's impressive!
A question around shipping which is best explained through an example:
We sell wine. When we ship one box of wine to a single address the shipping costs $15 per box.
In the Shipping Method there is an option "Use price per product" which we tick "YES" and set to 15 the "Price per product" box that comes up when you tick "YES".
I thought that this would then charge $15 per product added to the cart but it doesn't. On the checkout page it shows Shipping Method $15 and is ticked and then in the total at the bottom it shows $15 for the shipping whether 1 item is chosen or 2 or more.
I would have thought this would have chosen $15 for 1 item in cart, $30 for 2 items in the cart, $45 for 3 items in the cart and so on.
I've looked in the documentation and there is no mention of this option in the Help files. I've also looked on the support forum and can't find anything specific to my query above so thought I should post this question and let you know there isn't any help on this option in the documentation.
I've tried to keep this question as simple and specific as possible as I have follow on questions. I know we could add the $15 shipping into the price of the product but this does not reflect well in marketing terms when a new person is visiting your site to see the product is $15 dearer in a list of prices. Yes they could click through to the description and read why but as we know 3 seconds attention span for new people on a site and we've lost them. Plus the idea of including within the price wouldn't sit well for various other reasons with a few of our clients.
If you could help me solve this issue that would make this the number one shopping cart solution for us and our clients!
Many thanks
DS
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by DoomSlayer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #45844
by hardstyle-world
Replied by hardstyle-world on topic Re: Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
Hi there,
I am experiencing the same problem.
I want to charge $5 for the first item and then 3 for any subsequent items (of the same type) however at the moment I can only work out how to charge the initial $5 - people are buying 10 of the same item and only paying $5!
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shane
I am experiencing the same problem.
I want to charge $5 for the first item and then 3 for any subsequent items (of the same type) however at the moment I can only work out how to charge the initial $5 - people are buying 10 of the same item and only paying $5!
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #46078
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
There is no option for shipping price per product for now. It will be in next release of HikaShop.
That's also why there is no documentation on it yet.
But you can do what you want without that feature.
Just set a weight of 1kg for all your products, and then configure manual shipping methods with weight restrictions like that:
form 0 to 1.5kg => $15
form 1.5 to 2.5kg => $30
form 2.5 to 3.5kg => $45
...etc...
And the corresponding shipping method will be displayed on the checkout.
That method will also allow hardstyle-world to do what he wants.
That's also why there is no documentation on it yet.
But you can do what you want without that feature.
Just set a weight of 1kg for all your products, and then configure manual shipping methods with weight restrictions like that:
form 0 to 1.5kg => $15
form 1.5 to 2.5kg => $30
form 2.5 to 3.5kg => $45
...etc...
And the corresponding shipping method will be displayed on the checkout.
That method will also allow hardstyle-world to do what he wants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TWControls
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DoomSlayer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago #46086
by DoomSlayer
Replied by DoomSlayer on topic Re: Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
OK I will give that a go.
I have another question which I will ask in another topic but just for reference it is:
How do I change the wording and colours of the default messages such as "The system is in maintenance" which has a red top border and bottom border with blue/grey background in between and black text? This does not show up clearly on a dark background i.e. you can't read it.
thanks for the reply
I have another question which I will ask in another topic but just for reference it is:
How do I change the wording and colours of the default messages such as "The system is in maintenance" which has a red top border and bottom border with blue/grey background in between and black text? This does not show up clearly on a dark background i.e. you can't read it.
thanks for the reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46090
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
Please don't post your questions on several threads. It takes us more time to answer and everyone has to wait more.
For people interested in the answer, here it is:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/46087...ault-msgs.html#46089
For people interested in the answer, here it is:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/46087...ault-msgs.html#46089
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DoomSlayer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46116
by DoomSlayer
Replied by DoomSlayer on topic Re: Shipping Method - Price Per Product documentation
Corrected mistake.
Sorry for entering another question. I wont do that again.
Many Thanks for the support.
#1 Cart in my books!
Sorry for entering another question. I wont do that again.
Many Thanks for the support.
#1 Cart in my books!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by DoomSlayer. Reason: Error in question
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds