Skip to main content

The Summary for your Order email... humm :)

More
15 years 11 months ago #461 by exlemor
Hi there,

For U.S. companies, having:

without VAT
with VAT

on the SUMMARY FOR YOUR ORDER email just doesn't help on the contrary...

So how do I remove 'without VAT' / 'with VAT' from being sent in the email?

Also, the email near the top says:

"We are pleased to confirm you the creation of your order No. B1 ( www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...=order&task=show&cid []=1 ) on www.acewasabisf.com/ on the 21 October 2010 05:33 "

Nice and informative but how do I remove:
" ( www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...=order&task=show&cid []=1 ) "

which is really not nice [especially I get to the point of turning on SEF] but also because I want to simplify
the look/information given to the customer.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #463 by nicolas
Hi,

Removing the "with VAT/without VAT" from the email means changing the email structure. You can do that in System->Emails where you will be able to edit the email generation code. As for the views, your changes won't be overwritten when you update.

For the second one, you can either directly edit the translation string in the configuration page under the tab languages (but if yu update your language file you will loose the modification), or change that in the email edition interface like for the first point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #464 by exlemor
In Hikashop Essential, I do not see a System -> Emails section, I see a System -> Global Configuration and Zones, Payment Methods, Shipping Methods, Taxes, Currencies, Discounts and Order Statuses... ? :(

:) I might be blind.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #466 by nicolas
Right, that's a Business feature.

Alternatively, you can do it manually:
Via FTP, go to the folder components/com_hikashop/mail and copy the file order_status_notification.html.php to order_status_notification.html.modified.php
Then you can edit the copy. You need also to do this with the text version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #468 by exlemor
Thanks for the information - but that difference is a pretty big one and should be listed in the Feature Comparison.

Had I known I could have used that to sell the more expensive version to the customer :( :p

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #469 by nicolas
Actually, this one is listed with the name "Easily customize your HikaShop emails". It's even stated in the tooltip that the business version has an interface for that :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #470 by exlemor
You win that point! :p [even if that wasn't that obvious ;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #571 by geocentricdesign
How do you remove the without VAT from the shopping cart?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #573 by nicolas
It depends. If you want to remove the "without VAT" text from everywhere in HikaShop you can edit the translation file in the configuration of HikaShop under the tab languages and change that string. Now if you just don't want to display the price without VAT on the cart module, then you should go to display->content modules and edit the cart module options. There, you can select how to display prices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #577 by geocentricdesign

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20164 by rikatos
I have HS v1.5.1 and want to be able to edit the SUMMARY OF ORDER part of the email that is sent out and remove the pricing titles and prices. (I have converted it all to a quote system based on a cart.)

I read above components/com_hikashop/mail/ but do not seem to have this directory on my Essentials editon ? I am happy to ftp and edit, just cant seem to find the file :)

Thanks for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20173 by nicolas
It's now in media/com_hikashop/mail because joomla 1.6 would erase the components/com_hikashop/mail folder each time you would update hikashop. So when we made hikashop compatible with 1.6 we had to move it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20174 by rikatos
I had a suspicion it would be a J1.6 thing, thanks once again for help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum