- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
[Solved] Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46225
by savio
[Solved] Where should I go for? Here or Falang? was created by savio
I had installed the content element from Falang and all page browsing works fine. My problem is on the Search function, it only works for English string but always find nothing for the second language I add. Any advise?
Thanks
Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by savio.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46236
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
We found that there was indeed a problem with the translations in search.
Please use that search plugin and it should work.
Please use that search plugin and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46248
by savio
Replied by savio on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
You are truely amazing. It is the first time I get so many solutions from a single forum. Really really thank you.
Just report a very minor finding, no practically issue.
When I search an English string, I get results for both languages. i.e. I get the search result and can switch its language as usual.
If I search a string in the 2nd language, I will see nothing when switch to English.
(I mean on the search result page)
Just report a very minor finding, no practically issue.
When I search an English string, I get results for both languages. i.e. I get the search result and can switch its language as usual.
If I search a string in the 2nd language, I will see nothing when switch to English.
(I mean on the search result page)
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by savio.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
I didn't understand your problem. Could give more information on how to reproduce it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46332
by savio
Replied by savio on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
Thank you for searching excellence. Here is the description of the situation.
No matter the visitor is under page of which language, when an English string (e.g. part of a product name) is entered into the search field, the search result is always displayed. And for the "search result page" itself, visitor can press the language switch button to change the language. However, ...
If the string being entered into the search field is in the 2nd language, the "search reault page" will display result only when the language switch button is switched to the 2nd language. In other words, Search result is found, but being displayed or not is decided by something else.
If the visitor always stick with a single language, this is not an issue; though not ideal.
BTW, I seeked help from both of you and falang on day one. And I received an email from falang yesterday that they are also working on a plugin and will release it soon. so
No matter the visitor is under page of which language, when an English string (e.g. part of a product name) is entered into the search field, the search result is always displayed. And for the "search result page" itself, visitor can press the language switch button to change the language. However, ...
If the string being entered into the search field is in the 2nd language, the "search reault page" will display result only when the language switch button is switched to the 2nd language. In other words, Search result is found, but being displayed or not is decided by something else.
If the visitor always stick with a single language, this is not an issue; though not ideal.
BTW, I seeked help from both of you and falang on day one. And I received an email from falang yesterday that they are also working on a plugin and will release it soon. so
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46344
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
Regarding your case, that's actually normal. The english text is in HikaShop and considered as "main" so the plugin always searches in it.
On top of that, the plugin searches in the translations of the current language.
If you remove the line:
$filters2[] = 'b.language_id='.$lg;
from the plugin file, it will remove the limitation on translations and thus it will always search in all the translations.
On the other end, if you want to only have results in the current language, you could change the line:
if($limit){
to:
if($limit && !$count){
in the plugin file.
Our search plugin was already supporting translations from JoomFish, so it was logical to support it for Falang too.
On top of that, the plugin searches in the translations of the current language.
If you remove the line:
$filters2[] = 'b.language_id='.$lg;
from the plugin file, it will remove the limitation on translations and thus it will always search in all the translations.
On the other end, if you want to only have results in the current language, you could change the line:
if($limit){
to:
if($limit && !$count){
in the plugin file.
Our search plugin was already supporting translations from JoomFish, so it was logical to support it for Falang too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #52207
by chaban
Replied by chaban on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
Excuse me, please, would you help me with this plugin?
I installed it, but I don't know how to set up it correctly.
I installed it, but I don't know how to set up it correctly.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by chaban.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52282
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Where should I go for? Here or Falang?
You don't need that plugin. Just use the latest version of HikaShop (1.5.
and it will be included already.
There is not much to setup. Once it's installed, publish it and voilà, it will be integrated with the joomla search module automatically.
There is not much to setup. Once it's installed, publish it and voilà, it will be integrated with the joomla search module automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds