- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Display by Manufacturer Not Working
14 years 5 months ago #46490
by BDD
Display by Manufacturer Not Working was created by BDD
Hello,
I am using the Starter version of HikaShop.
I would like to display items by manufacturer and category. In the menu, it gives me an option to select manufacturers, but when that is selected, nothing displays on the front end.
Is this a limitation of this version, or am I missing something?
Thanks,
BDD
I am using the Starter version of HikaShop.
I would like to display items by manufacturer and category. In the menu, it gives me an option to select manufacturers, but when that is selected, nothing displays on the front end.
Is this a limitation of this version, or am I missing something?
Thanks,
BDD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46635
by BDD
Replied by BDD on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
Anyone?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46655
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
You're probably missing something as it's not a limitation of the Starter version.
Could you do a screenshot of your menu's hikashop options ?
Could you do a screenshot of your menu's hikashop options ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46705
by BDD
Replied by BDD on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
Sure...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46707
by BDD
Replied by BDD on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
Perhaps I should clarify exactly what I'm going for:
In the menu, the client would like to see
Category I
Manufacturer I
Manufacturer II
Category II
Manufacturer I
Manufacturer III
When a customer clicks on Category, the manufacturer's logos should display so they can choose a brand. When selecting a brand, only the items in the category from that manufacturer should show.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.
BDD
In the menu, the client would like to see
Category I
Manufacturer I
Manufacturer II
Category II
Manufacturer I
Manufacturer III
When a customer clicks on Category, the manufacturer's logos should display so they can choose a brand. When selecting a brand, only the items in the category from that manufacturer should show.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.
BDD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46716
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
What you created is a menu link which when clicked on will display a listing of the products of the manufacturer selected in the "associated category" option.
What you want to do is different. First you should not use manufacturers.
Just create your category tree like you explained, with a first level of categories and sub categories with the names of the manufacturers. Note that you can have several times the same manufacturer name in different main categories.
Then, in your products, use the manufacturers in the categories listing.
Finally, create a category listing module as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
That will display a module with one link for each category. And upon clicking on it, it will display the manufacturers on the main area of the page. Then, when clicking on the manufacturer, you will see the products listing of that manufacturer of that category.
What you want to do is different. First you should not use manufacturers.
Just create your category tree like you explained, with a first level of categories and sub categories with the names of the manufacturers. Note that you can have several times the same manufacturer name in different main categories.
Then, in your products, use the manufacturers in the categories listing.
Finally, create a category listing module as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
That will display a module with one link for each category. And upon clicking on it, it will display the manufacturers on the main area of the page. Then, when clicking on the manufacturer, you will see the products listing of that manufacturer of that category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46723
by BDD
Replied by BDD on topic Re: Display by Manufacturer Not Working
Thank you for your help! I will try as you suggest.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds