- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
[solved] Add packaging costs to final price
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46644
by bigboytbh
[solved] Add packaging costs to final price was created by bigboytbh
Hello,
I didn't find a solution on the documentation, neither on the forums (sorry if it's there but I haven't seen it).
[SOLVED] I need to add packaging cost to my final price that will always be fixed, no matter the products ordered.
It has to show itself on the checkout page under the list of ordered products
and it has to be included in the final price.
Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to develop a php plug-in using the APIs?
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Another question:
[SOLVED] How do I get the total number of ordered items at the "end" phase of checkout?
Which PHP variable should I call?
Is it something like $product->$quantity ?
I didn't find a solution on the documentation, neither on the forums (sorry if it's there but I haven't seen it).
[SOLVED] I need to add packaging cost to my final price that will always be fixed, no matter the products ordered.
It has to show itself on the checkout page under the list of ordered products
and it has to be included in the final price.
Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to develop a php plug-in using the APIs?
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Another question:
[SOLVED] How do I get the total number of ordered items at the "end" phase of checkout?
Which PHP variable should I call?
Is it something like $product->$quantity ?
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by bigboytbh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46794
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add packaging costs to final price
That's easy, just create one manual shipping method with your price.
Don't forget to either set a weight in your products or turn on the option "force shipping regardless of weight" in the configuration.
You can do like that:
Don't forget to either set a weight in your products or turn on the option "force shipping regardless of weight" in the configuration.
You can do like that:
Code:
$order_id = JRequest::getInt('order_id');
$order =null;
if(!empty($order_id)){
$orderClass = hikashop_get('class.order');
$order = $orderClass->loadFullOrder($order_id);
foreach($order->products as $product){
echo $product->order_product_quantity;
}
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigboytbh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46821
by bigboytbh
Replied by bigboytbh on topic Re: Add packaging costs to final price
Thank you, I'll try this later today and will post results!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago #46833
by kamastudio
Replied by kamastudio on topic Re: Add packaging costs to final price
Thanks for the advice!
I don't know what the code is for, but all I did was go to System-Shipping Methods and enable the "HikaShop manual shipping plugin". Then clicked on "HikaShop manual shipping plugin" and created a new shipping method, named it "shipping" and published it. Then I went to System-Configuration and turned on the option "force shipping regardless of weight" and BAM! It worked perfectly. I am charging a flat rate of $10 for shipping so this worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much
I don't know what the code is for, but all I did was go to System-Shipping Methods and enable the "HikaShop manual shipping plugin". Then clicked on "HikaShop manual shipping plugin" and created a new shipping method, named it "shipping" and published it. Then I went to System-Configuration and turned on the option "force shipping regardless of weight" and BAM! It worked perfectly. I am charging a flat rate of $10 for shipping so this worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46837
by bigboytbh
Replied by bigboytbh on topic Re: Add packaging costs to final price
Nice, I turned on the "force shipping regardless of weight" option and it worked like charm, thanks nicolas!
For the product quantity, I needed it after confirmation (along with the "Thanks for purchase" text).
It didn't echo anything with this code when put into 'checkout / end.php' nor into 'checkout / confirm.php',
so I wrote a javascript to take all values from the quantity fields at checkout,
it takes their sum, stores it as a cookie and shows it after confirmation (then deletes the cookie). Seems to work just fine.
Yet more questions :)
1) in a new thread
2) [SOLVED] How can I request a client to accept conditions (with link to pdf) at checkout, before confirmation? (solved by adding it to workflow)
For the product quantity, I needed it after confirmation (along with the "Thanks for purchase" text).
It didn't echo anything with this code when put into 'checkout / end.php' nor into 'checkout / confirm.php',
so I wrote a javascript to take all values from the quantity fields at checkout,
it takes their sum, stores it as a cookie and shows it after confirmation (then deletes the cookie). Seems to work just fine.
Yet more questions :)
1) in a new thread
2) [SOLVED] How can I request a client to accept conditions (with link to pdf) at checkout, before confirmation? (solved by adding it to workflow)
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by bigboytbh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds