- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Account creation message in wrong place
14 years 5 months ago #46828
by joshsaxon
Account creation message in wrong place was created by joshsaxon
Hi there,
I've been through several related forum topics but can't find the solution to my problem.
When a user registers at the checkout, they get a blank page with no message to inform them of the email that has been sent to them to confirm their account. There are also no messages if they enter an invalid email or such like.
However, following the blank page, if the user clicks on any other page, the message: "Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address..." appears.
I've followed advice in other threads regarding the missing <jdoc:include type="message" />, which was the case for my theme and led to the messages appearing on other pages - but still not the right one.
Everything else in terms of account creation and email seems fine, it's the message is in the wrong place.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I've been through several related forum topics but can't find the solution to my problem.
When a user registers at the checkout, they get a blank page with no message to inform them of the email that has been sent to them to confirm their account. There are also no messages if they enter an invalid email or such like.
However, following the blank page, if the user clicks on any other page, the message: "Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address..." appears.
I've followed advice in other threads regarding the missing <jdoc:include type="message" />, which was the case for my theme and led to the messages appearing on other pages - but still not the right one.
Everything else in terms of account creation and email seems fine, it's the message is in the wrong place.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46843
by joshsaxon
Replied by joshsaxon on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
Anyone that might be able to help can add something to the cart here:
telephone-english.com/telephone-english-courses/spoken-english
And try registering to see what I mean. After the blank page, click to home and you'll see the message appear.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46936
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
It's probably because you added the jdoc include tag in a place of your template which is not displayed when not in a specific menu of your website.
Try to set the option "force a menu on checkout" in the checkout tab of the configuration and that might help.
Try to set the option "force a menu on checkout" in the checkout tab of the configuration and that might help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #46955
by joshsaxon
Replied by joshsaxon on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks very much for your reply.
I added the jdoc include tag to the index.php file of the template.
I've tried forcing the menu, but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any other ideas?
Thanks very much for your reply.
I added the jdoc include tag to the index.php file of the template.
I've tried forcing the menu, but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any other ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47060
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
Yes, that's the correct file. You should add it before each <jdoc:include type="component" /> tag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47076
by joshsaxon
Replied by joshsaxon on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
That's exactly what I've done and the user still gets a blank page, unless they click on the homepage and they see the message just above the article. How do I get it to appear on the right page at the right time?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47090
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
Well that should be the case already. I don't have any other idea. I suppose that it must come from your template. Try to switch your template to see if you get the message directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47163
by joshsaxon
Replied by joshsaxon on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
You're right! It is some conflict with the template. I'm using Minibuzz by Templatesquare. I've contacted the template provider, but if you've got any ideas on what it could be (I've already put a lot of work into this template and would prefer to not change it) I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47175
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
I've had a look at your website already, but could find what it was. We're not specialized in templates and even less on that one. Your template provider should be able to help you better than us.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47216
by joshsaxon
Replied by joshsaxon on topic Re: Account creation message in wrong place
Thanks Nicolas. I'll let you know once I crack it for your own reference.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds