- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Product editing after purchase
14 years 5 months ago #47190
by DaVViD
Product editing after purchase was created by DaVViD
Dear HikaShop team,
I've been working on a specific project, using Hikashop. I am at the step of choosing a possibility of collecting more data from the client, AFTER he purchase an item. So far, Im thinking about adding extra fields in his account (not going to work for long time, as configuration should be per item, not per client) but preferably I'd go with editing a product and adding some options to it. What is the most important is the process - any extra data collection/product options should be after the product purchase. Example: I buy an orange, I pay for it and later I decide what package, who should deliver, survey why I like oranges etc. Do you think any commercial version of Hikashop should answer to my needs? Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Dawid
I've been working on a specific project, using Hikashop. I am at the step of choosing a possibility of collecting more data from the client, AFTER he purchase an item. So far, Im thinking about adding extra fields in his account (not going to work for long time, as configuration should be per item, not per client) but preferably I'd go with editing a product and adding some options to it. What is the most important is the process - any extra data collection/product options should be after the product purchase. Example: I buy an orange, I pay for it and later I decide what package, who should deliver, survey why I like oranges etc. Do you think any commercial version of Hikashop should answer to my needs? Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Dawid
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47200
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Product editing after purchase
Hi DaVViD,
It's not possible to add extra data after the purchase.
The solution could be to add custom fields editable in the customer order page. That can take time.
I actually don't understand the real necessity. Why not create fields before the payment.
You can use the "Fields" in the checkout of HikaShop.
By this way, an extra field will appear during the order creation, in display > Custom Fields create a new field with the type "Order".
Or you can create fields for each products, and the customer can enter some informations in these fields.
In Custom fields, choose "Item" for the type.
It's not possible to add extra data after the purchase.
The solution could be to add custom fields editable in the customer order page. That can take time.
I actually don't understand the real necessity. Why not create fields before the payment.
You can use the "Fields" in the checkout of HikaShop.
By this way, an extra field will appear during the order creation, in display > Custom Fields create a new field with the type "Order".
Or you can create fields for each products, and the customer can enter some informations in these fields.
In Custom fields, choose "Item" for the type.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaVViD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47506
by DaVViD
Replied by DaVViD on topic Re: Product editing after purchase
Thank you for your answer.
Last solution seems to do the trick, however, I don't see "item" in custom field type.
Should I choose another type?
Last solution seems to do the trick, however, I don't see "item" in custom field type.
Should I choose another type?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47511
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Product editing after purchase
Hi DaVViD,
"Item" is in the Table choice, it's available on commercial versions of HikaShop.
"Item" is in the Table choice, it's available on commercial versions of HikaShop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaVViD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds