- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
Prevent customer from removing option in cart
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 5 months ago #47582
by simonkloostra
Prevent customer from removing option in cart was created by simonkloostra
I have a product set up with 3 options (Left, Right or Both), see hielspoorinfo.nl/webshop/product/40-baue...iscospot-hielkussen. Option Both has an additional price, the others not.
When adding this product to Cart always one of these options needs to be chosen. However, once added to the cart, it is shown as a separate 'product', and sometimes customers tend to remove it from the cart. I need to have this linked, so that if the option is removed, the product itself get's removed as well.
How can this be done? Or is there a way to set this up in such a way that the option is not shown in the cart as a separate option, but as one product which is simply more expensive?
When adding this product to Cart always one of these options needs to be chosen. However, once added to the cart, it is shown as a separate 'product', and sometimes customers tend to remove it from the cart. I need to have this linked, so that if the option is removed, the product itself get's removed as well.
How can this be done? Or is there a way to set this up in such a way that the option is not shown in the cart as a separate option, but as one product which is simply more expensive?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47594
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Prevent customer from removing option in cart
Hi simonkloostra,
In your case, it better to use the Variants instead of the Options.
With the variants, you can set an additional price to the "Both" variant, and in the cart there is no separate product, just one with a variant.
In your case, it better to use the Variants instead of the Options.
With the variants, you can set an additional price to the "Both" variant, and in the cart there is no separate product, just one with a variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- simonkloostra
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 3
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #47635
by simonkloostra
Replied by simonkloostra on topic Re: Prevent customer from removing option in cart
This is how I initially thought it would work, but checking the documentation told me I should set up an option. Anyhow, I tried to do this the suggested way on a test-site, but it doesn't work.
If I set the price for a variant, the screen jumps to the "variant" as soon as I select it, see both screen prints, before and after selecting
If I set the price for a variant, the screen jumps to the "variant" as soon as I select it, see both screen prints, before and after selecting
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by simonkloostra.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47698
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prevent customer from removing option in cart
Regarding options, if you don't want them to be removable, just turn on the option "group options with product" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.
Options and variants are two different things. From what I can understand of what you want to do, options are the way to go.
Options and variants are two different things. From what I can understand of what you want to do, options are the way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simonkloostra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds