- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Cart quantity input override not working
14 years 5 months ago #47601
by Density5
Cart quantity input override not working was created by Density5
Hi Nicolas,
Just want to say thanks for all your help so far, we are nearly done with out build and I must say I'm really impressed with how customisable Hikashop can be.
I have a slight problem overriding the quantity input in the cart. I have enabled the Ajax option and am following the instructions in the Developer Documentation, but I think there might be an error there.
I have created the file templates/MY TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/hikashop_button.php - is that the correct name? I have also tried naming it hikashop_quantity.php.
In this file I have copied all the code from administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php, just under the check for the override, and added a simple message, but I'm not seeing it displayed so I don't think my override is being picked up at all.
I've attached a copy of the file, if you could have a quick look I'd be most grateful.
Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Just want to say thanks for all your help so far, we are nearly done with out build and I must say I'm really impressed with how customisable Hikashop can be.
I have a slight problem overriding the quantity input in the cart. I have enabled the Ajax option and am following the instructions in the Developer Documentation, but I think there might be an error there.
I have created the file templates/MY TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/hikashop_button.php - is that the correct name? I have also tried naming it hikashop_quantity.php.
In this file I have copied all the code from administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/cart.php, just under the check for the override, and added a simple message, but I'm not seeing it displayed so I don't think my override is being picked up at all.
I've attached a copy of the file, if you could have a quick look I'd be most grateful.
Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47777
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Cart quantity input override not working
The path should be: templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/hikashop_button.php
It's in the documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
Also, you should not copy all the code, but create a function declaration and only add the relevant code.
It's in the documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
Also, you should not copy all the code, but create a function declaration and only add the relevant code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48763
by Density5
Replied by Density5 on topic Re: Cart quantity input override not working
Hi Nicolas, thanks for your reply, even after reading the documentation and your reply several times I failed to spot my mistake so I'm posting it here as a warning to others to pay attention to the detail!
The files does NOT go in <template>/html/com_hikashop it goes directly in <template>/html!
D'oh!
The files does NOT go in <template>/html/com_hikashop it goes directly in <template>/html!
D'oh!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds