Skip to main content

Hide Item Number from Paypal Checkout

More
14 years 5 months ago #47816 by BarBomb
After someone orders something from the shop and gets directed to paypal, I would like the Item Number hidden from the order summary on the paypal screen. How do I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #47931 by nicolas
You can try to remove the line:
$vars["item_number_".$i]=$product->order_product_code;
from the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php but it might not work because paypal might require that parameter.

If that doesn't work, then there is no solution for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #66044 by rockstaran
Is there a way to modify value that goes to paypal for Item Number?
For my store I am using Characteristics, so a single product can have three characteristic with different prices. When I select one, then check out, the item number thats given is product name and the ID of the characteristic selected (i.e. CoolBlueCar_3).

Instead of the ID, can I use the name of the characteristic, I need this so that on Paypal the person shipping can identify exactly which product it is they need to send, the characteristic id will not mean anything to them.

maybe using: $vars["item_number_".$i]=$product->order_product_name; instead of product_code?

UPDATE:
I just tested by putting order_product_name like above, but did not work. It showed the product name and added <span class="hikashop_product_variant_subname"></span> after it. Any other ideas?
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by rockstaran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66054 by nicolas
like that:
$vars["item_number_".$i]=strip_tags($product->order_product_name);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #66061 by rockstaran
Thank you, I tried that but it only gives me the name of the product. It does not give the name of the Characteristic.

Qty Item Options Price

1 Pet Paws Sunscreen

Item # Pet Paws Sunscreen

Amount $50.00 USD
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by rockstaran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66066 by nicolas
That should be the case with the option "Append characteristic value to product name" in the Display tab of the configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66072 by rockstaran

nicolas wrote: That should be the case with the option "Append characteristic value to product name" in the Display tab of the configuration.


Mine is selected "yes", but the problem is that it appends the ID (1, 2, 3), not the name of the characteristic. And the id's are not editable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66317 by nicolas
Can you do a screenshot of the values of your characteristic ?

I've never seen ids of characteristic values added to the name of the products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66406 by rockstaran

nicolas wrote: Can you do a screenshot of the values of your characteristic ?

I've never seen ids of characteristic values added to the name of the products.


I think I figured it out. There are two areas where you set values for characteristics, in the actual characteristic settings, and then in the individual product Variant settings. I thought the value shown in the paypal check out was the one in the Characteristic ID. I just went to an individual product, clicked on Varient and notice there is the "Code" field that can be edited, I assume THAT is the one that shows in paypal check out. I will edit one then do a check out to see if the new value will show.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum