New thread for user confirmation in CB
bthayer wrote:
As I was testing this out I noticed that if a user confirms his account by clicking the link in his email generated from HikaShop, HikaShop recognizes him as a user but CB only enables the account but does not approve it. Then if you click on "view profile" in the front end you get this error in red letters:
This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!
Which of course is incorrect because HikaShop created the user and let the transaction go through. I need the user to be approved after he confirms so that I can redirect him to his order page after submitting the Authorize.net payment.
nicolas wrote:
Indeed, when a user registers via HikaShop, like when a user registers via joomla, his account will be confirmed in joomla but won't be confirmed in CB because CB has a special table with the user information instead of using joomla's confirmed value.
What you can do is edit the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php and add the code:just after the lineCode:if($user_id && file_exists(JPATH_ROOT.DS.'components'.DS.'com_comprofiler'.DS.'comprofiler.php')){ $db->setQuery('REPLACE #__comprofiler SET (cbactivation,id) VALUES (\'\','.$user_id.')'); $db->query(); }which should confirm the user in CB as well.Code:$user_id = $class->getID($user->get('id'));
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
0
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
I go back to the email and click the link a second time and it works fine! :huh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We did some tests with CB on our end and it worked with that code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When the user returns to the site he cannot view his profile page. He can edit it because I added the Edit Profile link to the CB login module. In edit mode, however, the orders tab is not visible. Sounds like I'm going to have to run with it this way but create a visible menu for the My Orders page. If the user clicks on the "My Miser Profile" menu item (visible when logged in) he get these errors in red:
This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!
To recreate the error:
1) Click on the link in the "Miser Shopping Cart" that says "Order your HeatMiser™ NOW for only $297 – Click Here!"
2) Click Next and register a user
3) look in your email and click the link, you are redirected back to the first page of the checkout process
4) Notice there is now a new menu item at to top that reads "My Miser Profile"
5) Click that menu item and notice the error message
Note: Shortly I will be adding a sub menu item to "My Miser Profile" for the My Orders page.
I noticed that you have created a test user. You might be able to log in with that user id and click the "My Miser Profile" menu item and get the error too.
Thanks for all your help,
Bill
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you. I've replaced the code again now. Looking forward to the update.
-Bill
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have activated the CB / Hika user integration plugin
1. On registration during checkout the user is not activated in CB - your change log says this works - how can I auto approve / activate a new user in CB? CB settings have email activation set to 'No'.
2. Is it possible to use CB for the user registration during checkout so their profile is directly populated on registration - this would also possibly solve the auto activation issue.
I really like the system you have developed and find the checkout to be much more efficient than VM. Bravo!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php and change the code:
2. No, it's not possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The code did indeed auto activate the CB user.
However this is currently what happens on checkout
1. Add to cart
2. Register (using Hika shop form / Add address etc)
3. Payment through paypal
After checkout the user is then logged in on the frontend and can view his orders using the HikaShop User Control Panel menu item.
However they cannot view their CB profile - it gives the message you must register or log in
When I go to logout it wont allow logout to take place and the session is still active- I have to clear the browser cache to logout.
When I re login I can view the CB profile with the Hika shop order and I can also view the orders using the HikaShop User Control Panel menu item.
Here is a link to the website under development
Thank you for your response to date - I will be happy to donate to the project if this issue is sorted as I anticipate using your system in the future over VM.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.