How do I set UPS shipping to ignore dimensions?
When I add items to the cart and have UPS calculate it onsite I get one price, but when I go to www.ups.com and calculate a price, they don't ask for dimensions and price is usually a lot lower.
Does UPS require the dimensions to calculate the shipping price. I have a client who has a drop ship company that handles their fulfillment. They are saying that the prices are wrong on the website and they only have to enter the shipping weight and not dimensions in order to get a price.
The drop ship supplier asked if we were using World Ship? Is that a type of account you can sign up for on UPS?
Thoughts?
Thanks!
Lance Thompson
CEO, Blue Sky Web Worx
Web Design, Web Marketing, Search Rankings, Graphic Design
www.BlueSkyWebWorx.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can try to change the lines:
$data.=$this->_createPackage($data, $variant, $rate, $order, true);
and:
$data.=$this->_createPackage($data, $product, $rate, $order, true );
to:
$data.=$this->_createPackage($data, $variant, $rate, $order, false);
and:
$data.=$this->_createPackage($data, $product, $rate, $order, false);
in the plugins/hikashopshipping/ups.php file so that it never sends the dimensions to ups. That might help you but it might also not work if ups requires them.
I don't know what world ship is ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On the site I'm working on, we sell coffee in various weights and dimensions and if I add 22 lbs of coffee in various configurations, it comes up with different prices each time, even though the dimensions in this case really wouldn't exceed max UPS dimensions.
Lance Thompson
CEO, Blue Sky Web Worx
Web Design, Web Marketing, Search Rankings, Graphic Design
www.BlueSkyWebWorx.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was happy to see this post because I am facing this problem also. I have the UPS plugin responding with a shipping cost estimate for a test product where I have filled in the dimensions. For other products where there are no dimensions, only a weight, it behaves as if the shipping option is not available and only my other option (a manual test option) is displayed.
I tried the code changes you suggest (to lines 587 and 593) but my problem remains.
I have talked with UPS technical support (800-247-9035) and they assure me that only the weight is required, not the box dimensions.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Charles Young
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you try it with the lat version of the UPS shipping method ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for the timely response! I did try the new plug-in and it did solve the problem I described.
Best regards,
Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I decided to try out this latest version of the plugin and I am getting a strange result.
Under the delivery hour, it is displaying "X_PACKAGES".
thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was wondering if it was because I enable "grouping" of items for shipping
- Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sam
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
It's the translation word which enable your group package function to say how many package will be sent, so you'll just have to add this translation word in your english translation file :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure how to make this change (re. "X_Packages"), or if this is what we really want. Since there is no way to know at the time of purchase the number of boxes that will make up the order, I think it would be better to delete this line if groups are selected. Is this possible?
Thanks for your continued diligent support!
- Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
X_PACKAGES is under each of my price quotes.
actually once i loaded the latest language file this went away thanks again..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.