- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
create an order w/o going to the payment gateway
14 years 4 months ago #49613
by gtoellc
create an order w/o going to the payment gateway was created by gtoellc
I have several wholesale customers. I would like for them to be able to create an order without going to the Paypal gateway. I have activated the pay later option which they access through the control panel on the front end. Is there a way to change the next button on final stage of checkout to Make order or something to that effect? I have to calculate shipping after order is created and add shipping to the order after creation. Clear as mud? Thanks for all your help. Your product is very robust and I have been very happy with it thus far. Chip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49685
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: create an order w/o going to the payment gateway
You can change the label of that button as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/13429...der-in-checkout.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/13429...der-in-checkout.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49707
by gtoellc
Replied by gtoellc on topic Re: create an order w/o going to the payment gateway
Thank You for the links and quick response. You're great. However, I am not. Not a php warrior anyway. Not sure what I need to be doing here.
My checkout process is thus: cart_shipping_login_address,payment_fields_coupon_shipping_cart_terms_confirm,end.
At the last step before going to payment gateway, I need an additional button just for wholesale clients that says submit order or create order. Text not important here. What is important is that it creates the order as usual without sending wholesale clients to the payment gateway. Meanwhile, I need to leave the next button up for retail customer so they can proceed with payment. I appologize if you have covered this with the resources you have all ready supplied but I'm just not getting it. Thank You for your patience.
My checkout process is thus: cart_shipping_login_address,payment_fields_coupon_shipping_cart_terms_confirm,end.
At the last step before going to payment gateway, I need an additional button just for wholesale clients that says submit order or create order. Text not important here. What is important is that it creates the order as usual without sending wholesale clients to the payment gateway. Meanwhile, I need to leave the next button up for retail customer so they can proceed with payment. I appologize if you have covered this with the resources you have all ready supplied but I'm just not getting it. Thank You for your patience.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49822
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: create an order w/o going to the payment gateway
Then what you want is something else.
You need to publish and configure the "collect on delivery" payment method and rename it to "create order" (or something like that) and restrict it to the user group of your wholesale clients (that access level option is only available in the Business edition when you edit a payment method).
That way, your wholesale clients will be able to select it instead of the normal payment method and they won't be redirected to a payment gateway at the end of the checkout but the order will still be created.
You need to publish and configure the "collect on delivery" payment method and rename it to "create order" (or something like that) and restrict it to the user group of your wholesale clients (that access level option is only available in the Business edition when you edit a payment method).
That way, your wholesale clients will be able to select it instead of the normal payment method and they won't be redirected to a payment gateway at the end of the checkout but the order will still be created.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds