- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Contact Page
14 years 4 months ago #49884
by yyounan
Contact Page was created by yyounan
Using Hikashop Business edition 1.5.7, I created a Contact Page menu item. When I fill in the contact form, nothing happens. Isn't this a contact page to send emails to the admin email address as per the configuration settings for "Email"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49968
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Contact Page
That's indeed what it is.
If you don't get the email, check your spam box. If you don't have it, check that you can send emails with Joomla (from the mass mail component for example). If you don't receive the emails, it's likely that the email configuration of the joomla configuration page is not correct. You should ask your hosting company about what you should put there.
If you receive them, it's likely that the email configuration of the hikashop configuration page is not correct. You should ask your hosting company about what you should put there. Usually, it comes from either the charset encoding, or the "add names" option.
If you don't get the email, check your spam box. If you don't have it, check that you can send emails with Joomla (from the mass mail component for example). If you don't receive the emails, it's likely that the email configuration of the joomla configuration page is not correct. You should ask your hosting company about what you should put there.
If you receive them, it's likely that the email configuration of the hikashop configuration page is not correct. You should ask your hosting company about what you should put there. Usually, it comes from either the charset encoding, or the "add names" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49997
by yyounan
Replied by yyounan on topic Re: Contact Page
I checked and I receive all emails perfectly fine whether from Joomla registrations or orders made by hikashop or all other emails from other form components like RSForms Pro. That is why I could not understand why I was not receiving anything when I fill the contact page. Also, after I fill the form on the contact page and press the OK button, the screen re-loads again on the same form. Can it be redirected to the main store page?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50058
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Contact Page
If you want the contact form to redirect somewhere else, you will have to edit the file "contact" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add a hidden input with the information:
<input name="return_url" value=" mywebsite.com/mypage.html"/ >
If you don't get a success message when sending the contact request, it means that there was a problem witht eh sending of the email. Did you try to send the email to the same address from where you're sending the emails ? That might not be allowed by your mail server. Try with another email address.
Since you can receive the other HikaShop emails, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to receive that one.
<input name="return_url" value=" mywebsite.com/mypage.html"/ >
If you don't get a success message when sending the contact request, it means that there was a problem witht eh sending of the email. Did you try to send the email to the same address from where you're sending the emails ? That might not be allowed by your mail server. Try with another email address.
Since you can receive the other HikaShop emails, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to receive that one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50097
by yyounan
Replied by yyounan on topic Re: Contact Page
Thanks, I added the hidden input for returning to the main store page in the contact.php.
However, still the contact page is not working. I receive ALL emails from Hikashop or other installed components on the website with no problems. I have the mail setting -> mailer under global confirmation set to "SendMail".
I did notice that when I try to press "ok" from the contact page, it takes my url to mywebsite/contact-page/product although the contact page is mywebsite/contact-page. Also, adding the hidden input line does not make it return to the url I listed in the tag. So, it seems that the form is not submitted at all.
Hope this helps you to guide me how to solve this issue.
However, still the contact page is not working. I receive ALL emails from Hikashop or other installed components on the website with no problems. I have the mail setting -> mailer under global confirmation set to "SendMail".
I did notice that when I try to press "ok" from the contact page, it takes my url to mywebsite/contact-page/product although the contact page is mywebsite/contact-page. Also, adding the hidden input line does not make it return to the url I listed in the tag. So, it seems that the form is not submitted at all.
Hope this helps you to guide me how to solve this issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50156
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Contact Page
Can you give a link to your contact page ?
If you deactivate the SEF system of Joomla, does it change anything ?
If you deactivate the SEF system of Joomla, does it change anything ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50172
by yyounan
Replied by yyounan on topic Re: Contact Page
I deactivated the SEF but no change.
The link to the page is: www.khalaselnefoos.org/contact-page and the main store page is www.khalaselnefoos.org/online-bookstore
The link to the page is: www.khalaselnefoos.org/contact-page and the main store page is www.khalaselnefoos.org/online-bookstore
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by yyounan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50233
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Contact Page
The SEF is still activated on your website. Did you turn it off in the configuration page of Joomla ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50237
by yyounan
Replied by yyounan on topic Re: Contact Page
After I finished testing, I turned it back on as when I keep it turned off, other parts (direct links) throughout the website stop working.
But, to explain: When I turn it off, I access the page as this url: www.khalaselnefoos.org/index.php?option=...t=contact&Itemid=685
After I fill the contact form and press Ok, this is the url that it takes me to: www.khalaselnefoos.org/index.php?option=...l=product&Itemid=685
and I stay on that same contact page.
But, to explain: When I turn it off, I access the page as this url: www.khalaselnefoos.org/index.php?option=...t=contact&Itemid=685
After I fill the contact form and press Ok, this is the url that it takes me to: www.khalaselnefoos.org/index.php?option=...l=product&Itemid=685
and I stay on that same contact page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50316
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Contact Page
The data sent by the form is correct. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
One alternative would be to not use the HikaShop contact form page but instead use the Joomla contact page.
One alternative would be to not use the HikaShop contact form page but instead use the Joomla contact page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds