- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Which Template Is Use...
14 years 4 months ago #49999
by MyWorld
Which Template Is Use... was created by MyWorld
Is there an easy way to figure out which template is used for which page?
For example, I choose the "Product Listing" on my menu.
I then went to HikaShop's menu Display > Views > Choose The template I'm using > product > listing.
I used Firebug to find an element then looked for it in the template but I don't see it. I also added a border to the table just to see what happens but I don't see the change in the front end.
So basically I'm trying to find the templates for the listing page (the first page), and the details page.
Thank you in advance!!
For example, I choose the "Product Listing" on my menu.
I then went to HikaShop's menu Display > Views > Choose The template I'm using > product > listing.
I used Firebug to find an element then looked for it in the template but I don't see it. I also added a border to the table just to see what happens but I don't see the change in the front end.
So basically I'm trying to find the templates for the listing page (the first page), and the details page.
Thank you in advance!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50060
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Which Template Is Use...
When SEF is disabled, you will see the parameters ctrl and task in the URLs of your website. ctrl defines the "view" and task defines the "file".
However, in joomla, views can load other views.
On the products listing view file, you will have that code:
$html = $this->loadTemplate($layout_type);
which loads the products listing based on the layout you selected in the products listing menu/module.
If you select "div", it will be the listing_div file which will be loaded.
Then, in that view file, you will see that line:
echo $this->loadTemplate();
it is called for each product in order to display the product's area. in the listing. By default it will be listing_img_title which correspond to the selection you made in the item box layout page option of products listing menus/modules.
Also, make sure that you're editing the view file for the correct joomla template, and not another template you don't use. Otherwise, you won't see any changes.
However, in joomla, views can load other views.
On the products listing view file, you will have that code:
$html = $this->loadTemplate($layout_type);
which loads the products listing based on the layout you selected in the products listing menu/module.
If you select "div", it will be the listing_div file which will be loaded.
Then, in that view file, you will see that line:
echo $this->loadTemplate();
it is called for each product in order to display the product's area. in the listing. By default it will be listing_img_title which correspond to the selection you made in the item box layout page option of products listing menus/modules.
Also, make sure that you're editing the view file for the correct joomla template, and not another template you don't use. Otherwise, you won't see any changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78497
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Which Template Is Used...
I choose "Product page" on the menu.
The front page has the following classes.
#hikashop_product_right_part .hikashop_product_right_part span6
Right after #hikashop_product_price_main there are two "<br>" and I'd like to remove them but I've been searching and cannot figure out which file it's in.
Thanks!!
The front page has the following classes.
#hikashop_product_right_part .hikashop_product_right_part span6
Right after #hikashop_product_price_main there are two "<br>" and I'd like to remove them but I've been searching and cannot figure out which file it's in.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78527
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Which Template Is Used...
Hi,
You have to edit your views. Maybe the "product | show_default" or the "product | show_block_price".
I don't know what is your website, so I can't see it.
Regards,
You have to edit your views. Maybe the "product | show_default" or the "product | show_block_price".
I don't know what is your website, so I can't see it.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds