Skip to main content

Comments won't submit

More
14 years 4 months ago #50454 by bnfrank
I enabled voting on products and selected voting and comments connected. I can go to the product, select the number of stars. It says to enter a comment. I do, but when I hit Send, it does nothing.

I left the option enabled at www.storybookbridal.com under Shop so you can see it.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #50518 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Comments won't submit
Can you give a screenshot of the vote tab of your configuration ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #50550 by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Re: Comments won't submit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #50594 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Comments won't submit
That's because you removed the username field:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/49492...roduct-comments.html
Since that field is required for the javascript, it breaks the javascript when you submit the comment.

you would have to change the line:
var pseudo_comment = document.getElementById("pseudo_comment").value;

to:
var pseudo_comment = document.getElementById("pseudo_comment");
if(pseudo_comment ) var pseudo_comment = document.getElementById("pseudo_comment").value;

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/vote.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #50658 by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Re: Comments won't submit
Thank you! I did that and it works. It says there's an error when it submits, but it still shows up.

Is there a way to put a header above the comments and stars but below the product information. Something like: Product Ratings & Reviews?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50736 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Comments won't submit
Yes, edit the file "show_default" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add it after the line:
<div id="hikashop_product_vote_form" class="hikashop_product_vote_form">
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum