- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago #50468
by jberry210490
How do I set pagination default to "all" products? was created by jberry210490
Hi there,
I want to keep the pagination unit at the bottom of product listings, but where as it's current default is to display 20 products per page, I want the default to be set to "all" products.
How do I do this?
Thanks in advance,
Jonathan
I want to keep the pagination unit at the bottom of product listings, but where as it's current default is to display 20 products per page, I want the default to be set to "all" products.
How do I do this?
Thanks in advance,
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50529
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
In the HikaShop options of your menus and modules (that you can access via the menu Display->Content menus/modules), you have the option "number of items". Set it to 99999 and it will display all the products as long as you don't have more than 99999 products on a page.
Please note though that having too much products on a page can slow down the display of a page so it's always good to set a reasonable number of products per pages (not more than a few hundreds).
Please note though that having too much products on a page can slow down the display of a page so it's always good to set a reasonable number of products per pages (not more than a few hundreds).
The following user(s) said Thank You: jberry210490
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 4 months ago #50562
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
Hi Nicolas,
Thankyou for the quick reply.
When I do this though, I remove the pagination controls at the bottom of the page. I want to show all products, but still enable the individual to change the number of products displayed on a page. Is this possible?
Jonathan
Thankyou for the quick reply.
When I do this though, I remove the pagination controls at the bottom of the page. I want to show all products, but still enable the individual to change the number of products displayed on a page. Is this possible?
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50649
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
That should be the case actually, unless you're displaying your products listing directly with a module.
Can you give a link to that page so that we can see how you setup your listing ?
Can you give a link to that page so that we can see how you setup your listing ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 4 months ago #50715
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
claycellar.org/index.php/tools
I've currently set number of products to be displayed in the associated content module and menu to be 300. But I still want pagination to be displayed.
Jonathan
I've currently set number of products to be displayed in the associated content module and menu to be 300. But I still want pagination to be displayed.
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50761
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
Your website is not accessible without a user account.
Please make sure that you set the option in the associated module's options. Because if you set it only in the category listing menu's option, it will apply only for the category listing, not the products listing displayed below it with the associated module.
Please make sure that you set the option in the associated module's options. Because if you set it only in the category listing menu's option, it will apply only for the category listing, not the products listing displayed below it with the associated module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 4 months ago #50769
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
Sorry, that was just whilst I was backing up the site.
You'll be able to access it now...
Jonathan
You'll be able to access it now...
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50847
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I set pagination default to "all" products?
I was able to check your website.
I think I now understand what you want.
You will have to edit the file "listing_div" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
<?php if(in_array($pagination,array('bottom','both')) && $this->params->get('show_limit') && $this->pageInfo->elements->total > $this->pageInfo->limit->value){ $this->pagination->form = '_bottom'; ?>
to:
<?php if(in_array($pagination,array('bottom','both')) && $this->params->get('show_limit')){ $this->pagination->form = '_bottom'; ?>
so that it always displays the pagination area regardless of whether all the products are displayed or not.
I think I now understand what you want.
You will have to edit the file "listing_div" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
<?php if(in_array($pagination,array('bottom','both')) && $this->params->get('show_limit') && $this->pageInfo->elements->total > $this->pageInfo->limit->value){ $this->pagination->form = '_bottom'; ?>
to:
<?php if(in_array($pagination,array('bottom','both')) && $this->params->get('show_limit')){ $this->pagination->form = '_bottom'; ?>
so that it always displays the pagination area regardless of whether all the products are displayed or not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds