- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Doubt about Hikashop
- linkthewise
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago #50983
by linkthewise
Doubt about Hikashop was created by linkthewise
I was wondering if it's possible to do the following:
Add a field in the registration and make it appear also in the shipping notification email.
Limit the cart to only shop in one category, if I exit that category then clean the cart or use another cart.
Modify the layout of the product page to show the picture in the left part and the description in the rigth part, also move the voting above the price.
Thanks in advance
Add a field in the registration and make it appear also in the shipping notification email.
Limit the cart to only shop in one category, if I exit that category then clean the cart or use another cart.
Modify the layout of the product page to show the picture in the left part and the description in the rigth part, also move the voting above the price.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51100
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
Hi,
1. Sure. You can create custom fields of the table user via the menu Display->custom fields (commercial editions).
You will have to add the information in the email by editing it via the menu System->Emails (business edition) and add a line of code:
<?php echo $data->customer->COLUMN_NAME; ?>
where COLUMN_NAME is the column name of the custom field.
2. There is no option for that and I don't see any easy way to do it.
3. You can do that by editing the file "show_default" via the menu Display->views.
1. Sure. You can create custom fields of the table user via the menu Display->custom fields (commercial editions).
You will have to add the information in the email by editing it via the menu System->Emails (business edition) and add a line of code:
<?php echo $data->customer->COLUMN_NAME; ?>
where COLUMN_NAME is the column name of the custom field.
2. There is no option for that and I don't see any easy way to do it.
3. You can do that by editing the file "show_default" via the menu Display->views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- linkthewise
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 4 months ago #51119
by linkthewise
Replied by linkthewise on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
Well the problem is that I have different providers, so I'll like to send the notification when an item is bought
Actually my webstore is supposed to contain multiple stores, is there a way to do that with hikashop?.
Actually my webstore is supposed to contain multiple stores, is there a way to do that with hikashop?.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51122
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
You could use HikaShop along with Joomla multi site on your website in order to have several websites and not share the hikashop cart table across them.
That would allow you to do it.
That would allow you to do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- linkthewise
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 4 months ago #51124
by linkthewise
Replied by linkthewise on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
Good Idea!!!
Just a last favor is there and example to modify show_default cuz from what I see it places the price and voting in the right part, but when I open the localsite I install still appears on the left part.
Just a last favor is there and example to modify show_default cuz from what I see it places the price and voting in the right part, but when I open the localsite I install still appears on the left part.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51201
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
You can edit it via the menu Display->Views.
If you want some examples of modifications, you can look at show_reversed and show_tabular which are both variants of the show_default view file.
You can choose between one and another via the option "product page layout" in the Display tab of the configuration.
If you want some examples of modifications, you can look at show_reversed and show_tabular which are both variants of the show_default view file.
You can choose between one and another via the option "product page layout" in the Display tab of the configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: linkthewise
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- linkthewise
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 4 months ago #51311
by linkthewise
Replied by linkthewise on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
I have one doubt for the multisite, in each site I'll have to install joomla and hikashop, then I'll have separate databases which also means my users will have to login twice to order right?
If that's so, is there another way to separate shopping carts?
If that's so, is there another way to separate shopping carts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51406
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Doubt about Hikashop
You don't have to have all the tables on different databases.
With JMS, you can configure which table should be in different databases and which should not.
Both solutions should be possible actually.
But these questions should be directed to JMS. I'm not an expert in their software as I've never used it.
With JMS, you can configure which table should be in different databases and which should not.
Both solutions should be possible actually.
But these questions should be directed to JMS. I'm not an expert in their software as I've never used it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds