- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
How Do I Create A Categories Menu
14 years 4 months ago #51362
by MyWorld
How Do I Create A Categories Menu was created by MyWorld
How do I get the categories in a menu? I tried but I'm getting confused. Here's what I did.
1) I went to Joomla's menu manager and created a menu.
2) I then clicked on "HikaShop Options"
3) I filled in the information and published it along with the menu I created in the menu manager but I don't see the categories.
Thanks in advance!!
1) I went to Joomla's menu manager and created a menu.
2) I then clicked on "HikaShop Options"
3) I filled in the information and published it along with the menu I created in the menu manager but I don't see the categories.
Thanks in advance!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago #51397
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
you'll have to :
- create a new menu item
- set the "Menu Item Type" to Categories listing
- save one time
- Go to "Hikashop option"
- set the "Associated category" to the parent's category of all of the category that you want to display
- make sure that your new menu is published
Hope this will help you.
- create a new menu item
- set the "Menu Item Type" to Categories listing
- save one time
- Go to "Hikashop option"
- set the "Associated category" to the parent's category of all of the category that you want to display
- make sure that your new menu is published
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51700
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
Hi Mohamed,
When I click on "Associated category", then on "Select", I see the following:
- Root > Product Category > List of categories
It's only allowing me to select a category from the "List of Categories", what I was hoping to do is select the "Product category" and it would show the list of categories below it in the menu.
Thanks!!
When I click on "Associated category", then on "Select", I see the following:
- Root > Product Category > List of categories
It's only allowing me to select a category from the "List of Categories", what I was hoping to do is select the "Product category" and it would show the list of categories below it in the menu.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51796
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
What you want to do is not to create a menu item via the joomla menu manager but a hikashop content module which would display a listing of your categories with the list layout and thus looking like your menus :
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #51977
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
I'm sorry but I find this menu really hard to create or I must be REALLY missing something 'cause I cannot get the categories to show at all. All that is showing is the title - no categories 
Also, why does it keep creating modules, eg:
Associated products listing for category listing menu 137
Associated products listing for category listing menu 138
Associated products listing for category listing menu 139
Etc...
Please see attached pic.
Also, why does it keep creating modules, eg:
Associated products listing for category listing menu 137
Associated products listing for category listing menu 138
Associated products listing for category listing menu 139
Etc...
Please see attached pic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52031
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
Your setup of that module is fine.
Could you do a screenshot of your categories listing on the back end ?
The problem must come from there.
Could you do a screenshot of your categories listing on the back end ?
The problem must come from there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52098
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
Here you go. Thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52182
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How Do I Create A Categories Menu
And do you have products into these categories ?
You turned on the option "Only display categories with products " in your module. So if the categories don't have any products in them, you won't see them.
You turned on the option "Only display categories with products " in your module. So if the categories don't have any products in them, you won't see them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds