- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
How do I get the category name to appear as title?
15 years 8 months ago #5157
by andy91
How do I get the category name to appear as title? was created by andy91
First things first, This is a great component and has great potential, its everything Virtuemart wants to be but is not! 
I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the category name to show at the top of the page. I create a new menu item and make it a category listing I then associate that with a module to display the products in the category and subcategorys.
For example: The main category which is associated with the menu link has 6 sub-categorys and I want the category title for each sub-category to be displayed when browsing products within each sub-category.
The "Use menu name instead of
category name for the title" option works but when this is disabled all that is displayed as the page title is ROOT not the category names in parent and all sub-categorys.
Whats going on here? Looks like a bug to me.
I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the category name to show at the top of the page. I create a new menu item and make it a category listing I then associate that with a module to display the products in the category and subcategorys.
For example: The main category which is associated with the menu link has 6 sub-categorys and I want the category title for each sub-category to be displayed when browsing products within each sub-category.
The "Use menu name instead of
category name for the title" option works but when this is disabled all that is displayed as the page title is ROOT not the category names in parent and all sub-categorys.
Whats going on here? Looks like a bug to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5158
by andy91
Replied by andy91 on topic Re: How do I get the category name to appear as title?
I just noticed that it seems to be working ok for this demo site
www.549.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com...ut=listing&Itemid=12
They have a main category furniture with 12 sub-categorys in it such as beds and when you enter the beds sub-category beds is display as the page title.
Dunno what Im doing wrong
www.549.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com...ut=listing&Itemid=12
They have a main category furniture with 12 sub-categorys in it such as beds and when you enter the beds sub-category beds is display as the page title.
Dunno what Im doing wrong
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5160
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I get the category name to appear as title?
The ROOT issue is indeed a bug. You can read this thread for the fix:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/3-bug-rep...or.html?lang=en#4816
That problem is already fixed in the latest version of HikaShop so if you update you will get the fix automatically.
That problem is already fixed in the latest version of HikaShop so if you update you will get the fix automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5162
by andy91
Replied by andy91 on topic Re: How do I get the category name to appear as title?
Awsome updated and its fixed!
Cheers
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds