- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Description and Characteristics not displaying
14 years 4 months ago #51919
by akibahara
Description and Characteristics not displaying was created by akibahara
Hello. This is the first time I've used Hika Shop and I'm trying to figure a few things out. Hopefully someone can help.
I've set up categories, etc. and have added a product. This product has a description, characteristics, and pictures all assigned under its product page. However, when I navigate to it on the live site, only the pictures show. Here is the link to the page:
fierybeardsofraku.com/index.php/online-s.../category_pathway-12
Am I missing a checkbox or something? Why wouldn't all of this data show? Also, not sure if it matters, but in the name of the characteristics there are Japanese characters. If this is an issue, it still doesn't explain the Description not showing up.
Thank you for the help in advance!!!
I've set up categories, etc. and have added a product. This product has a description, characteristics, and pictures all assigned under its product page. However, when I navigate to it on the live site, only the pictures show. Here is the link to the page:
fierybeardsofraku.com/index.php/online-s.../category_pathway-12
Am I missing a checkbox or something? Why wouldn't all of this data show? Also, not sure if it matters, but in the name of the characteristics there are Japanese characters. If this is an issue, it still doesn't explain the Description not showing up.
Thank you for the help in advance!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51974
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Description and Characteristics not displaying
Hi,
The link your provided is not working anymore.
Make sure that you add both characteristics at the same time in your product. Otherwise, the variants of your product could be out of synch and you would have to reset it as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
The link your provided is not working anymore.
Make sure that you add both characteristics at the same time in your product. Otherwise, the variants of your product could be out of synch and you would have to reset it as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52067
by akibahara
Replied by akibahara on topic Re: Description and Characteristics not displaying
Thank you for your reply.
I decided to try some other extensions in the meantime and the HikaShop conflicted with their installations. I am still open to using HikaShop if we can figure out the issue.
All of the characteristics were added at the same time.
Also, how would this affect the description not showing up?
Out of all of these extensions I've tried, HikShop is my favorite, but without basic functions like the description active, other options have to be explored. I hope we can figure this out. Thank you.
I decided to try some other extensions in the meantime and the HikaShop conflicted with their installations. I am still open to using HikaShop if we can figure out the issue.
All of the characteristics were added at the same time.
Also, how would this affect the description not showing up?
Out of all of these extensions I've tried, HikShop is my favorite, but without basic functions like the description active, other options have to be explored. I hope we can figure this out. Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52142
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Description and Characteristics not displaying
If the characteristics and variants data of the product is out of synch, all the information of the product page won't display correctly. and having the description not being displayed is typical of such problem.
Please try the instructions on that page in order to recreate the variants of your product:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
If that still doesn't work, please post a working link to your product page.
Please try the instructions on that page in order to recreate the variants of your product:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
If that still doesn't work, please post a working link to your product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds